GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 1 0-60 times

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
OK ...hi all.... quick question for stage 1-ers...

how many tenths of a second am I shaving if I plunk down me $600 for stage 1 APR???

stock 6 speed manual GTIs such as mine already hoof it to 60 within 6.2 seconds or so... soooo how much will stage 1 knock off??? is 300 lb ft only gonna knock the time down a couple of tenths???

all help appreciated before I take the big step!

Don't buy the software for the sole reason of 0-60 times, this is a fwd car and the more power you get the more wheel spin your going to get especially with the torque our cars can make when chipped. Chipping it will make a big difference in performance from all types of speeds. 0-60 is probably not the best way to judge our cars power.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Car(s)
MKVI GTI
Don't buy the software for the sole reason of 0-60 times, this is a fwd car and the more power you get the more wheel spin your going to get especially with the torque our cars can make when chipped. Chipping it will make a big difference in performance from all types of speeds. 0-60 is probably not the best way to judge our cars power.

That's the truth. Stage 1 really shows it's colors when merging on the highway, passing, or maybe 20-100 or so. From a dead stop, there's too much wheel spin and wheel hop for it to really shine. Stage 1 IS totally worth it though. I absolutely love it.

plac

GTI Master
VW measured ours at 5.6 seconds 0 to 100 kph (0-62mph) on the DSG with our software, catback exhaust and intake.

i really want APR to release a stronger TSI stage 1 setup. given the immense power seen on the TSI big turbo kits..

i want to see my TSI stage 1 peaking just as high as FSI... but im sure there are plenty of technical reasons why it doesnt.. my (2) FSI cars were faster than my TSI is with APR stage 1. I miss it.

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
OK./... so in order to curb wheel hop and spin post Stage 1 tune..... any suitable and realistic remedy ???

thanks for all civil posts so far...

plac

GTI Master
OK./... so in order to curb wheel hop and spin post Stage 1 tune..... any suitable and realistic remedy ???

thanks for all civil posts so far...

mounts are really all that helps it.. but most of all its not being a dumbass and flooring it in 1st gear.. its plenty manageable.. i wish it was more power actually.

stuck24

so?
Car(s)
GTI FSI
2 or 3 '10ths realistically. MAYBE 5.9 seconds with dsg

stock = 6.2 secs with a manual tranny...

I would hope 5.7 seconds or so DSG stage 1.... or 5.9 secs manual stage 1...

are you all stage 1'ers getting wheelspin in 2nd and 3rd gears when shifting above 5k rpm???

dubc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
stock = 6.2 secs with a manual tranny...

I would hope 5.7 seconds or so DSG stage 1.... or 5.9 secs manual stage 1...

are you all stage 1'ers getting wheelspin in 2nd and 3rd gears when shifting above 5k rpm???

I've got a DSG. I was getting wheel spin shifting into 2nd after stage 1 and occasionally 3rd with the stock tires. Now after I upgraded to extreme performance summer tires, I don't get that wheel spin anymore. Now it just pulls really hard. 5.6-5.7 0-60 sounds right to me.

nikitynick

EurotrashSD Dubber
just because people read the car mags and see comparisons of 0-60, HP, lb-ft, and weight its easy to be tricked into thinking thats what makes one car better than another. however there is much more to it, and APR wouldnt get away with charging $600+ for software for so long it wasnt worth it. try the trial and let it speak for itself

Tempted2Speed

is cooler than you
Car(s)
2007 GTI CW 6MT
just because people read the car mags and see comparisons of 0-60, HP, lb-ft, and weight its easy to be tricked into thinking thats what makes one car better than another. however there is much more to it, and APR wouldnt get away with charging $600+ for software for so long it wasnt worth it. try the trial and let it speak for itself

Hes right

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
An intake and and cat-back exhaust *might* give you about 18 HP and 18 Ft. Lb combined, at the CRANK. Maybe 20 at most. You also would need their downpipe. Not enough to make much difference, and certainly not cost effective. The 93 octance APR program is all you really need, unless you're into noise. Wait for the next sale, $599 fully loaded. Either the end of this month, next month, or before Xmas.