GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
After looking at the way the turbo works in our car the only benefit is alternating pulses from different banks helping the turbo spool smoothly. Most twin scroll turbos I have worked with, benefit from variable speed by using a valve in one of the openings, allowing the turbo to spool faster. Providing good power on the low end with a big turbo.

Either way, either Garrett messed up and is being misleading, or it is a twin scroll. I guess unless someone dissect one and show pics we will never know.

GTI_Owner

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
If there is a mistake it is from Garrett. Direct from their website.
Interesting. I was under the impression a twin-scroll housing would keep the exhaust gas separated until reaching the turbine wheel. The Garrett housing merges the exhaust to a single stream shortly after it enters the housing.

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
I made the stupidest automotive mistake ever yesterday. I think everyone would enjoy the story. Especially if anyone runs into the same problem I did. Long story short, I had to mess with the LPFP for a couple reasons, one my fuel gauge wasn't working since I've done the LPFP, and two I thought the seal between the tank and the green hat was leaking.

Because I was frustrated and wanted to get it figured out asap, I threw the back seat on the roof of the car and didn't open my garage or any windows. First mistake of the day. After messing around testing resistance from the fuel level sensor, I finally concluded the wiring and the sensor itself is good. I checked for codes and the car was saying "resistance is too high". Weird. After farting around with the sensor I finally realized it's the position you put it back in which is the problem. If you put the LPFP basket back in at an incorrect angle, the lever on the sensor gets hung up and stuck. It gets stuck in such a position that the car knows immediately somethings wrong once it's hooked up. After I made this realization I put everything back in, made sure the lever was free and not hung up, and connected everything back up and boom I now see my fuel level.

I open my garage, pull the car out and take it for a quick test drive to make sure everything is OK. I turn down on the busy 5 lane road by house and get on it. As I get on it, I see a lady walking on the sidewalk looking at my car as if it were on fire or something. I think to myself "haha it must be the noises the car is making while accelerating thats triggering her". Not a moment later, I hear a loud thud, and then in my rear view mirror, I see my rear seat flying 50 feet in the air and crashing down in the road into oncoming traffic. I forgot it on my roof.

Of all places... did you lose your seat out on Transit Rd?!?! That's not a rear seat delete it's a demolition... :poop:

Thx for reminding me of the time my driver side rear wheel came off at 70mph on I-90 in Indiana after dealing with increasing vibrations for 500mi. Tire bounced past my window, across the median, watched in horror as multiple cars barely missed it as it went through oncoming traffic, and come to rest on the other side right near a parked help truck driver... Who helped me put it back on with a lug nut from each of the other wheels.

...in my pathetic defense I was 19 in a parents' borrowed car with little automotive experience to figure out it was stripping out the loose lug nuts my dad had forgotten to torque the night before my trip, after rotating the tires. I figured it was a badly balanced wheel I'd take care of later as I couldn't see anything wrong when I made quick stops... And I refused to stop at a shop as I was going to be late for a wedding rehearsal. #youunganddumb

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Not a moment later, I hear a loud thud, and then in my rear view mirror, I see my rear seat flying 50 feet in the air and crashing down in the road into oncoming traffic.
FWIW I spoke with engineering. This doesn't appear to be related to the software.

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Actual footage of me picking up whats left of my back seat from the middle of the road.
leslie-nielsen-nothing-to-see-here.gif

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
FWIW I spoke with engineering. This doesn't appear to be related to the software.
Are you sure?

I know a guy who talked to a third cousins neighbors best friend who went to school to be a mechanic but dropped out who said it was because of the Flux capacitor not reaching 88 mph.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Are you sure?

I know a guy who talked to a third cousins neighbors best friend who went to school to be a mechanic but dropped out who said it was because of the Flux capacitor not reaching 88 mph.
Sure it wasn’t a problem with the Johnson Rod?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Hey todays the day patrykd is supposed to run 9's at the dragstrip right? or 5second 1/8 mile at 90mph trap?

in other words, perhaps the first actual proof of what this kit can be capable of doing?

AeroRick08

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf R - Manual
Hey todays the day patrykd is supposed to run 9's at the dragstrip right? or 5second 1/8 mile at 90mph trap?

in other words, perhaps the first actual proof of what this kit can be capable of doing?

Add 0.25s to whatever he runs for anyone without rear seat delete. :LOL:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
Hard no. Super frusterated. The local drag strip recently changed hands to new owners and I guess they're struggling to open it up this year. They've been delaying opening the track for 3 weeks now. Just last night they posted this:
1652810808467.png

So I guess track times, at least from me, are delayed another week. Heavy sigh.

Tolga-R

Car(s)
2017 Audi S3
Hello to everyone . Maybe off-topic, but I'm curious. Has anyone ordered from ECS Tuning and had a problem? I bought it on March 28. They shipped on April 19th and gave an invalid tracking number. I talked to Fedex local dealer and he says there is no package delivered to them. ECS Customer service is not responding...

ecs.JPG

ecs2.JPG