GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
@riceburner do you have the updated TCU tune yet?
not yet, the shop told me 'apr would email me when the TCU tune for the AWD DTR File is ready', that said Arin gave me the TCU code to tell them to use. I just haven't had a chance to go back yet.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
^ you did! again, my shop had told me incorrect info; i'll be going off the word you PM'd me already. Just havent gone back yet.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
just to be completely sure, no updates to the ECU software have been released yet, right? Might be worth going if there is one.

Jacks Golf R

Car(s)
2019 VW Golf R
I'm Stage 2 APR High Torque, Wagner Comp IC, 034 CF Intake, 034 Inlet, 034 Downpipe. I have the DTR6054 with LPFP/HPFP/MPI hurling at me right now to support E85. I will post some videos and possibly be able to run against some friends with Rs flashed by EQT (OTS E85 or blend tunes) and also the IE E85 tunes. Will update ya'll on the results in a few weeks. Also bringing this setup to Sonoma Wednesday Night drags asap. My previous results were 11.9 @ 112mph on the 91 tune (high torque)(full weight) and 11.6 @ 117mph 93 tune (high torque) (no seats except driver). Stay tuned for some real world feedback on a DTR6054 with full fueling support compared to the old stage 2.

-Jack
IG: @jacks_golf_r

Last edited:

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
just to be completely sure, no updates to the ECU software have been released yet, right? Might be worth going if there is one.

Just have them check. It will just show a different version number if there was an update.

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Is it just me or do these clips seem way faster than the previous ones this same user shared? Looks like traction is breaking in 3rd. Perhaps the downpipe made a huge difference...
Seems quite lively although that could be my ears telling me that 🤣

Gpr

Car(s)
2017 MK7 GTI PP
I have a dtr6054. It’s sitting in a box waiting to be installed. My fear is that I will spend $900-$1000 having it installed only to find my car is less responsive and no quicker than it is now.
I have a 2017 GTI dsg, pp with Unitronic S2, 3” catted dp, 3” cbe, r600 intake and Unitronic elbow. This is my first try with APR. If it works out then there are APR IC and suspension upgrades in my future. But if it doesn’t, then I’ve just wasted $1600. Waiting to see what happens with branmans dyno today.