GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
@Arin@APR any way to get rid of this whistle? Its driving me crazy when I have the radio off. I have a completely closed ams intake, I can only imagine the noise on the open ones.
Turbo whistle sponsored by Ying Yang Twins

1650587167384.png

ryansonfire

Go Kart Newbie
Could be bad then. Does it make noise the instant you give it gas?
Yes, but I've seen a few videos of this thing and they all have the whistle. I just cant believe this is normal. I've seen a few blown turbos in my life and they sound just like this. I might call Apr tomorrow and ask if they can make me a turbo muffler.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was told the Best way to get rid of the whistle is to put the stock turbo back on, sell your car, never modify a car again and get a Hyundai Elantra

Make it an Elantra N and you have a deal...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Elantra N over the Veloster N?

Absolutely. Buddy of mine bought the only Elantra N that's landed in the state, driven in a couple of times. Was super impressed by it. Add that to just not being a fan of the way the Veloster looks, I'd definitely choose the Elantra.

banahan27

Make it an Elantra N and you have a deal...
Lol. The Hyundai N products seem to be actually pretty good. I guess I should have said your grandmothers 95 Toyota Camry. My overall point here is that car company’s have been make the customer soft for a long time now. Todays consumer wants a soft comfortable ride, good fuel economy, lots of technology, and little to no engine or road noise. Which isn’t all bad but when you enter the world of modifying your vehicle it comes with a trade off. When you put coil overs on, your soft cushy ride gets a bit rougher. When you install poly engine mounts, shocker there’s some added vibration. And when you sawzall your factory exhaust off and strap on a 4” straight pipe, surprise surprise your car drones worse then your mother in law. Now I tend to lie on the function over comfort side which I suspect most car enthusiasts would. APR is trying to put out a product that not only complied with federal mandates but makes some damn good power. I personally have not installed mine yet so I’m reserving judgment in that regard. Going solely off of what has been written In this thread it appears there may be some work to do on APRs side to meet the advertised results . But for the love of god please don’t bother APR with turbo noise complaints. There’s lots of people that would kill for some whistle under the hood.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Update. This may trigger some people but most aren’t in the same situation so try to understand from my perspective. I will be dynoing the car on Saturday as planned. I also now have APR involved on Saturday as well. They are working on a plan to log the runs to get more data live. They expressed that the data I’ve sent already lines up with what their car is doing. They have not said there isn’t an issue but just ruling out as much as possible. The dyno will be the next step in the process. Depending on the results I may hold off on posting to allow APR time to diagnose what they see on the dyno along with live logs. I hope everyone can respect this as we don’t need more explosions to happen in here than already has been if the numbers aren’t on par with what APR advertises. This is not to scam anyone or withhold info it’s just giving enough time to gather data and try to diagnose. I believe they feel something is not right even though data seems close. If it happens to hit the 400whp number than great case is closed and the car is the way it is. If it doesn’t then they’d like the time to figure out the situation. This is a pretty big deal for them and the main goal is to fix the issue and figure out what others have experienced so far and get to the bottom of it. That’s all I want and I feel everyone else wants. I’d like to keep this thread from becoming a bash session. I will of course update everyone as this continues. I urge anyone to also go out and get this same info. The more info the better to get to the bottom of all this.
giphy.gif

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Update. This may trigger some people but most aren’t in the same situation so try to understand from my perspective. I will be dynoing the car on Saturday as planned. I also now have APR involved on Saturday as well. They are working on a plan to log the runs to get more data live. They expressed that the data I’ve sent already lines up with what their car is doing. They have not said there isn’t an issue but just ruling out as much as possible. The dyno will be the next step in the process. Depending on the results I may hold off on posting to allow APR time to diagnose what they see on the dyno along with live logs. I hope everyone can respect this as we don’t need more explosions to happen in here than already has been if the numbers aren’t on par with what APR advertises. This is not to scam anyone or withhold info it’s just giving enough time to gather data and try to diagnose. I believe they feel something is not right even though data seems close. If it happens to hit the 400whp number than great case is closed and the car is the way it is. If it doesn’t then they’d like the time to figure out the situation. This is a pretty big deal for them and the main goal is to fix the issue and figure out what others have experienced so far and get to the bottom of it. That’s all I want and I feel everyone else wants. I’d like to keep this thread from becoming a bash session. I will of course update everyone as this continues. I urge anyone to also go out and get this same info. The more info the better to get to the bottom of all this.
is APR paying for the dyno runs now?