APR DSG Software

Waffle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
Looks like it has arrived!

http://www.goapr.com/products/tcu_upgrade_dq250_exx_fxx.html

You can set these options at time of flash

User definable APR pre-optimized shift patterns based on current stage of engine performance
User definable launch control RPM
User definable manual mode max RPM
User definable manual mode automatic upshift on or off
User definable manual mode automatic downshift on or off (Kickdown switch)

Gab.B

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Volks GTI 2007
30 Day Money Back Guarantee... it worth the try than!

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
i think this is hilarious "All too often TCU upgrades are sold as a solution to “torque limiters” in which many companies charge extra to raise. While some companies may have trouble with torque interventions from the transmission, even at stage I power and torque levels, APR ECU upgrades do not require a TCU upgrade to meet advertised peak torque levels. APR does not charge extra to “raise the limits.” Raising the limits does not increase performance and does not increase the transmission’s ability to hold more torque. The maximum torque limiters are simply removed, allowing customers unrestricted operation. In the event torque is limited by the factory clutches, upgraded units may be installed and torque may be increased without TCU intervention. "

So if its not needed why do it? I know of no other company that needs tuc programming to reach advertised torque. GIACuser hit 336lbft WITHOUT his DSG software installed.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I can't believe the APR hate brigade hasn't jumped all over that.

JanK

WilltherealFLATTIREplease
Car(s)
09' MkV GTI
There is no hate brigade on the golfmk6 forums, where APR can still post their stuff. But yeah, this DSG tune took way too long to come out and since it did take so long most of the people went to other companies for their DSG tune. So, I don't know how much revenue they're going to get from this. I'm sure their unicorn marketing and fanboy base is gonna sway some people to switch DSG tunes, but I have no idea how much..

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Yeah I got tired of waiting and went with the HPA tune 2 years ago.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Aren't there already a bunch out what took so long

Because APR always said it isn't needed. Now it seems they are trying to keep up with the market.

socalhatch

Don't panic it's organic
Car(s)
2017 Golf R
So would this work for early dsg trans like say 06 ? They say limited availability on early models wth?