GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone running the GIAC extreme flash?

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
i bet we would need rods on a standard 2.0t with 10.25:1. Im sure we could get a few more ponies with the Higher C/R. Do you have a part number for the RS4 valve?
I still find it funny driving a car with a little over 300whp and getting 30mpg cruising around.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
The Pirelli runs the same CR as the Edition 30 that I have and is 9.8:1 and the extreme map was primarily designed on these cars, so running on the stock GTI with a K04 may give different results.

That's odd. Official VW material states this:

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Screen shot 2010-02-20 at 1.24.31 AM.jpg

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Quick addition.......

The higher you keep the actual rail pressure above 130bar, the lower your low pressure pump (in-tank) will get. When I swapped to the RS4 valve, the low pressure pump went from 4.5 to 4.1, but had a more consistent pressure across the range when WOT. Before the RS4 valve the low pressure pump went from 4.5bar down to below 3.5bar at WOT through the rev range.

You'll see similar results on the GIAC map as my REVO gave as maintaining a higher rail pressure puts more pressure on the in-tank pump.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
yeah. i remember reading somewhere about an upgraded in tank pump. but i believe its really only need if you go above 500whp.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
That's odd. Official VW material states this:

Perhaps I'm missing something?

View attachment 59462

The UK Edition 30 and Pirelli editions are definitely 9.8:1 CR and I'm almost positive yours will be too as they are made in the same place with the same spec. I have VW's own brochure which says that the ED30 CR is 10.5:1, but that too was wrong.

This is the info we have.

Engine code BYD
Manufactured 11.06 ►
Emissions fulfil EU 4 standard, EU 2 ddk
Capacity cm3 1984
Output kW at rpm 169/6000
Torque Nm at rpm 300/2200
Bore Ø mm 82.5
Stroke mm 92.8
Compression ratio 9.8
Valves per cylinder 4
RON 98 unleaded1)
Injection, ignition Motronic MED 9.1
Type of mixture formation homogeneous
Knock control 2 sensors
Lambda regulation 2 probes
Three-way catalytic converter yes
Variable valve timing yes
Electronic power control yes

I'll see if I can dig out a more official page:thumbsup:

redback

ftmfw
nice info guys :thumbsup:

Don't think you need stronger rods or internals for this tune. Tony who ran the highest on the day only upgraded his internals so it would be much easier when he goes bigger turbo later on in the future. The A3 who got second highest just had the standard internals with s3 injectors and rs4 rail pressure valve and hes had it for a few months now.

one of the things thou, don't think ill benefit from the increase torque figures because i would still hit the dsg limiter because there isn't a dsg flash for the later 2008onwards vehicles hrmmmmmmmmm

redback

ftmfw
ok guys i finally got everything installed and WOW does it go!
goes ALOT harder and sometimes scary fast!
daily communicating isnt that bad either, feels like my standard GIAC k04 tune so its easily tamed but once you get high up the rev range is where all the fun is!

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
ok guys i finally got everything installed and WOW does it go!
goes ALOT harder and sometimes scary fast!
daily communicating isnt that bad either, feels like my standard GIAC k04 tune so its easily tamed but once you get high up the rev range is where all the fun is!

Glad you like it Redback:thumbsup:

so can u get this flash at any GIAC authorized dealer??

and you HAVE to run the Vf intake?

and would this extreme flash be somewhat equivalent to apr's stage 4??

Last edited:

redback

ftmfw
so can u get this flash at any GIAC authorized dealer??

and you HAVE to run the Vf intake?

and would this extreme flash be somewhat equivalent to apr's stage 4??

you should be able to get this tune done at any GIAC dealer
and yes you have to run the vf k04 intake because GIAC made the tune around that intake. The tube itself is massive! around 4inches. i was set on the twintake but didnt go through because i had to get this one.

and its nowhere near stage 4 levels! lol that is wayyyyy off. Still utilizes the k04 but i tthink maxes it out