ftmfw
It requires the following:
- k04
- turboback exhaust
- k04 vf intake (ONLY!)
- high pressure fuel pump
- intercooler
- GIAC extreme flash

I am currently running the GIAC k04 flash, Arqray catback, GruppeM intake and BSH intercooler. Custom 3 inch downpipe, k04 VF intake and Autotech fuel pump are on the way to my mechanic so hopefully picking up the beast next week...

here are two examples of what it can achieve:

There was also a tuner k04 dyno day a few weeks ago where a few S3s, TTSs and Pirelli's with REVO, APR and GIAC flashes attended and the top two figures came from a GTI and A3 both running the file

a few people down here run it but there HAS to be atleast a few of you guys running it here! there aren't many results when i have searched and i'm just curious to what people think about it

Last edited:

HCGTI

Ready to race!
DEANCORP just went EXTREME last night!! lol
he is very happy with it.
he is still waiting for his intercooler.

but he did blow away a bmw 135 the other day. haha

redback

ftmfw
yeah he called me today and we had a good talk about it
btw he wanted to keep it a secret on the forums hahahah
my stuff is coming in next monday and my mechanic is also going to install a rs4 fuel rail pressure valve
just seems strange that a majority of the very few threads or posts i read on this flash, are from people here in Australia. I'd like more insight from others here because theres bound to be atleast some here as there are so many members

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
There are a couple of companies here in Europe that were involved with file testing for the extreme GIAC map and both have had very good results from them. From my understanding the extra oomph comes from the higher requested rail pressures over say REVO (140+bar v's 132.5bar) and also boost requests that are pushing the safe limits of the K04 turbo.

I've seen Dyno results from one company in Greece running the file that is registering a peak of 393bhp at the flywheel. Similarly I've seen the UK car post 369bhp at the fly with less bolt-ons and only an S3 intercooler.:thumbsup:

redback

ftmfw
thats the kinda stuff i wanted to read! but i want mooooaaarrrr! from the higher rail pressure requested is why my mechanic is going to install the rs4 rail pressure valve. I hope the flash doesn't push my car way past its limits thou

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
Is anyone running the extreme flash on a GTI with the bolt on AWE K04 kit (non-Pirelli/OEM ED30) without lowered compression and internals? Curious to see a K04 with a 10.3.1 comp running this tune.

PS. Congrats Dean. :thumbsup:

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
My bad. I thought the Pirelli had a different comp ratio. 10.3.1 it is. =)

Look forward to your next runs Paolo.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
Sounds like a tune that requires rods. I do want to hear more on this..

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
im sure they would be recommended. More like a safety measure. I bet its pushing 400lb ft of tq way down low.

Hurdy, is there a dyno graph anywhere of your car? and do you have rods?

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
This was the extreme tune which pulled the highest kwatw (200.4) dyno output on the day.

The normal file ran the highest kwatw (red). The high torque setting (blue) which made less power, is clearly the better file to run though. I think the engine had done over 100,000kms and it'd had an engine rebuild, forged rods & pistons, new custom piston rings, new bigend bearings.

I bet its pushing 400lb ft of tq way down low.
I'm not sure how down low you mean and I'm crap when it comes to imperial =)

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
thats the kinda stuff i wanted to read! but i want mooooaaarrrr! from the higher rail pressure requested is why my mechanic is going to install the rs4 rail pressure valve. I hope the flash doesn't push my car way past its limits thou

I already have the RS4 pressure return valve fitted on mine and it will enable the fuel rail to run up to 150bar with relative ease. There is no point in going above this as the current raft of HPFP's are only rated to around 150bar anyway. The valve is bl00dy awkward to get to as it sits just below the inlet manifold and at about 20 degrees to the horizontal, so spanners are a nightmare to get in.

God I can't keep up with these posts.....The Pirelli runs the same CR as the Edition 30 that I have and is 9.8:1 and the extreme map was primarily designed on these cars, so running on the stock GTI with a K04 may give different results.

I'm running REVO stage 2+ at the moment.

Here's the last graph.

hurdy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R DSG
Both the cars I know of are running stock internals. Both are Edition 30/Pirelli models.

The torque figure didn't register with the Greek car, but the UK car was pushing over 350lbft (475nm) at the flywheel.