Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Aryton Senna signed it! Must be a race car… congrats

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Well hold up there....

The RNS-315 is easy to distinguish.....it has the smaller display & then the knob in the middle of the bottom (three knobs across the bottom in total), but it has Navigation. They should all have a camera input btw:

There's the RCD-510, which has a bigger screen but no Navigation. And the early ones didn't have a camera input.

Then there were newer versions of the RCD-510, which could accept a OEM camera input. You can only tell if it has it by pulling it out & looking for the yellow input on the back side:

RNS-510 had the big screen AND Navigation and camera input, but was super slow to run.

Then there's the (Chinese?) RCD-330 which can add Apple CarPlay. I'm not sure about the back up camera situation though and all that.

But anyways....if it has that port, buy a camera w/harness and then hook it up & run the wiring!
Not all 315s have the RVC slot.

Most 330s can do RVC but not with OEM kit.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Aryton Senna signed it! Must be a race car… congrats

I was thinking the same thing! lol

So turns out, the girl I bought the Tiguan from is Brazilian and the president of the local motorsports club....races motorcycles too....I suddenly felt more comfortable in the buying

Oh I was ready.....had everything ready and only something glaring during my inspection was going to shut it down. Taking it to my shop this week for an in depth look.