GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone fitted RS4 seats? Airbag wiring

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
Very nice seats!! I always thought they are $2500 each? Wow $5200 but worth every penny!!!!

Got a question tho, being RS4 seats they wouldn't have the release for rear entry on 2 door cars?

Benjamin T

Go Kart Champion
Hello,

I have a pair of Rs4 recaros away at the trimmers to match the rest of my interior. I am unsure if the airbag connections are the same? and if not can i just leave them unplugged? I know this will put on the airbag light, but i have a car show a couple days after they will be ready. so will it cause any major issues?

Lomax

sorry for digging up an old thread, but i'm curious to know whether u resolved your airbag issues?

STATUS

*STATUS*
Car(s)
e46 M3, R32,
those seats come in the r32s in Europe, and how are they replica seats when recaro makes them already

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
They look great. I wish I could source a set second hand down here in Aus. Would skin them in black Alcantara and black Leather. Red looks good on the CW.

Last edited:

POLARBEAR666

Ready to race!
They look great. I wish I could source a set second hand down here in Aus. Would skin them in black Alcantra and black Leather. Red looks good on the CW.

WORD!

Group buy if it was possible.

GTI_SS

illektronik
Car(s)
APR Edition 30 GTI M
I'd so do that. Doubt the dealerships would play ball though. Probably need to hit the audi forums down here, but can't image to many people giving them up. I'm sick of looking at Manheim Fowles for a wreck.

Last edited:

Lebaneseandproud

Any DIY or tech info regarding the swap procedure since i recently bought the full interior of a 2007 Audi RS4 and looking to swap my 2007 mkv gti cloth interior with it

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Any DIY or tech info regarding the swap procedure since i recently bought the full interior of a 2007 Audi RS4 and looking to swap my 2007 mkv gti cloth interior with it

I just swapped in a set of 2008 Audi TT-S seats into my 2008 GTI. My seats were originally all manual and these have all electrical adjustments. The harness and wires were similar but not plug and play. I have been unsucessful in getting the air bag / occupancy sensor to work but I will figure it out as soon as I get time.

My harness was minimal because all manual seats and no heaters, harness on TT seats had power, heated so more and different plugs, not plug/play.
The Audi seat rails do bolt right in though.

We cut plugs off of the plaid seats and the TT seats and wired the MK V plugs up to the TT wires so they could be "plugged" in. There is not much information on this type of a swap. I found one article that provided some insight on wiring. And I just found one on using resistors to fool the airbag system.

Please share any information on the airbag stuff as I am still fighting it.

Also if you are working with black leather from 2007, the seat swap article led me to a product called Black Jacket to restore finish and color. It works like magic, just as shown in the pictures and according to the 200+ reviews (Amazon) it is very long lasting. I tried it on the drivers seat where there was a little wear and it looks new now.

Hope the info helps.

Links
Seat Swap
DIY Seat Airbag Resistor trick w/ Pressure Sensor Trick

Last edited: