GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone Ever Install A Boost Tap?

5aprilc

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I found this boost tap on eBay, I'm curious if people think this might help with the installation of my boost gauge? The T fitting that came with my boost gauge was too small to work on the hose that I'm trying to tap on the intake manifold, this part also looked better too.

I'll probably get a better reading by using one of these too.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Torque-Solu...ash=item3601343b44:g:RXsAAOSwZetXO~wB&vxp=mtr

Last edited:

larcic

Ready to race!
yeah that will all work. I did get a back up boost gauge from ebay for a warranty return and it was off a few psi but not a big deal. also try to use an inline filter to your boost gauge if you don't have a catch can. a lawn mower fuel filter will do the trick. if not oil will get into your gauge and ruin it in a few months.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I used a barb with a flow restricter in line to stop buzzing, dunno the name but they are pretty common at autopart stores.

larcic

Ready to race!
it does come with a filter. you only need a no buzz if you have buzzing. mine didnt at all

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Tumble flaps or some resonance causes a mechanical guage to flutter or buzz, get an electronic guage or use a fuel filter or in line restrictor.

larcic

Ready to race!
^correct