GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any reason not to buy this downpipe?

brosevelt

Ready to race!
Looks to be an ATP downpipe with catalytic converter for an awesome price:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2009-V...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32268652&vxp=mtr

Is there any reason you guys can think of that I should not get this? I'm already APR Stage 1 on my 2 Door, 2007 GTI, and would have this installed at an APR tuning shop who would then flash me to Stage 2. Your guys' help is appreciated!

Also, it looks like a portion of it is either missing, or just not in the photos?

thanks!

Last edited:

ABQGTI08

Southwest dubber
Car(s)
2008 Tornado Red GTI
It looks it is for a 5 bolt housing, which is use for internal wastegate GT turbos. You need one that is for 4 bolt k series turbos.

brosevelt

Ready to race!
Thanks! I'm glad I didn't order it. I'm always wary of eBay stores... Wonder why they have it listed that it would work. Also it looks like it's missing the entire back section. Guess that's why its so cheap.

Although if it were the catted version and had the right flange, the ebay DPs seem to be largely ok.

I Dunno how old the one on mine is, was on my car when i got it, but it needs some attention from a welder where the hanger is broken on one side. the sheet metal part. Not a big deal for any exhaust shop to deal with.

Thanks! I'm glad I didn't order it. I'm always wary of eBay stores... Wonder why they have it listed that it would work. Also it looks like it's missing the entire back section. Guess that's why its so cheap.

Well it's a downpipe. It's the half that what people call a catback would attach to.

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
This could attach to the OEM catback? Also, what v-band clamp would you recommend? Thanks for putting up with my noob questions.

Ideally, it should since it reduces from 3" to 2.5" at the end. It's ebay though so there might need to be some cutting to get it the right length. If you wanted to add a catalytic converter to it, you can bring everything to an exhaust shop and they'll cut and weld it in for you as well as install.
v-band clamp

Get that one but highly recommend you get a higher quality v-band clamp elsewhere.

Mine is just welded.

OTOH it sounds like i have a leak somewhere.

Again, just needs some quality time at a good exhaust shop.

Car(s)
Subaru
Mine is just welded.

OTOH it sounds like i have a leak somewhere.

Again, just needs some quality time at a good exhaust shop.

Modular exhaust is nice cause you can change out exhaust easier if you don't like the sound. I use to have a Custom exhaust on my stang but oh well

Sent from my iPhone

Modular exhaust is nice cause you can change out exhaust easier if you don't like the sound. I use to have a Custom exhaust on my stang but oh well

Sent from my iPhone

Agreed, but all this crap was on my car when i bought it. Looks like a godspeed catless DP + custom fabrication, including a muffler replacement.

Everyone seems to like the way it sounds. As for myself i am thinking of having a resonator added. It's almost a straight pipe as it is.

Elliott

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 GOLF GTI MKV
ive been running the ebay de cat dp for a year now.. no issues but like said above. you need to update the v band clamp and also get a better gasket.the ones they give you are good for nothing. bought both the clamp and gasket from atp.
some people have issues with the hangers not lining up correct and have to do some small modification but mine fit perfect with no issues.