GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ANY ONE HAVE LED FOGS?

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
oh and it also has to be projector fogs, not halogen. If you are running HID fogs in halogen housing you'll be causing glare and losing light intensity

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
hids over leds.
im a whore.

that is puretly aesthetic, don't get me wrong it does look nice but you can even see the glare in that picture.

The proper way to go about foglights in general.

1) you can swap in Hoen hid match, Nokya 2500k, or various other bulbs into the stock halogen reflector housing.

2) Purchasing OEM or ZiZa projector fogs and using standard 9006 halogen bulbs.

3) Using a HID kit in the projector fogs. If you want HID's in fogs I would ONLY do it if you have the Projector fogs. You will not cause glare and there will be great light output and intensity.

If you are going for performance with the HID fogs I wouldn't recommend anything over 3000 Kelvin temperature bulb. As far as the HID kit goes, any ebay kit should work fine. I have heard a few kits out there cause flickering and error messages in the MFD but from what i hear most of the generic kits will work fine. Keep in mind you might need a harness with a resistor.

Within the month I'll have OEM projectors running 3000k HID

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
^no thats actually the perfect way for me to do my fogs cause thats the way i like it. i hate yellow fogs and like how they match the headlights so im good. i live in jersey not london and cant remember the last time i drove in fog so this is perfect. no glare at all except from my crapy digital. in person the look great!

kimchi29

Go Kart Champion
^no thats actually the perfect way for me to do my fogs cause thats the way i like it. i hate yellow fogs and like how they match the headlights so im good. i live in jersey not london and cant remember the last time i drove in fog so this is perfect. no glare at all except from my crapy digital. in person the look great!

i would still recommend getting some oem projectors even for 4300k or 5000k bulbs.. The problem with the reflector is that the reflector and the reflector shield was not designed to handle the light intensity and beam of a xenon gas bulb. This results in light bleeding and glaring. There is ALWAYS going to be glare no matter what when you install hid's into reflectors. The only way that there is no glare from a HID's in a reflector is if they come OEM, such as the last generation Acura TL's and the latest Toyota Avalon.

I'm sure they wont fine though.

To see the glare there is a simple test you could do. Go to a wall and take a picture of just the fogs on.

MACH GTI

Ready to race!

hey man how and where did u install the hid ballasts? did take out the wheel or the bumper to do it?

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
i would still recommend getting some oem projectors even for 4300k or 5000k bulbs.. The problem with the reflector is that the reflector and the reflector shield was not designed to handle the light intensity and beam of a xenon gas bulb. This results in light bleeding and glaring. There is ALWAYS going to be glare no matter what when you install hid's into reflectors. The only way that there is no glare from a HID's in a reflector is if they come OEM, such as the last generation Acura TL's and the latest Toyota Avalon.

I'm sure they wont fine though.

To see the glare there is a simple test you could do. Go to a wall and take a picture of just the fogs on.

im happy with my 6000k fogs the way they are. no need for anything else.