GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

another "i got a ticket" thread

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
It's all a big scam between the cops / gov (artificially low speed limits, tough traffic laws), the insurance companies (mandatory insurance coverage and guaranteed rising premiums), and the traffic ticket paralegals (fakes claiming to save you from the first two). At the end of the day they probably split those profits among them three under the table.

On the other hand I probably wouldn't say this if I got myself a TTC job sitting by the ticket booth making 100k a year watching hot chicks putting in their tokens all day long! :biggrin:

Khobin~

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'07 GTI, '97 YZF600R
:laughabove:

I'll give you the Insurance companies, they are a total scam. :biggrin:

It's like a couple of weeks ago while taking a motorcycle course there was this older guy there. Somehow we were all sittting around and the topic of photo radar came up...

His POV was that it's meant to be out in the open so that people see the van and slow down to pass it.:yikes:

Whereas there is this 1 spot in St. Albert where the guy "hides" behind some trees... so he got nailed there twice in 1 week. And so because of that he now uses his cruise control through that area to make sure he doesn't speed...

If no one broke the law, the police/gov't wouldn't have any fines to collect. :bow:

kwongo

will fly for food
so im scheduled for my first appearance on monday to talk to the prosecutor. could anyone tell me:

-what i should wear?
-should i tell the prosecutor the reasons why i don't think the ticket is valid? (ie. the there were power lines all over the place, and other points that i may use to fight the ticket if i decide to go to court)
-does the prosecutor immediately offer something or do i have to plead my case?

any other general info or experiences would be extremely useful. thanks ahead of time!

NinjaNikki

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 UG GTI
so im scheduled for my first appearance on monday to talk to the prosecutor. could anyone tell me:

-what i should wear?
-should i tell the prosecutor the reasons why i don't think the ticket is valid? (ie. the there were power lines all over the place, and other points that i may use to fight the ticket if i decide to go to court)

any other general info or experiences would be extremely useful. thanks ahead of time!

They will ask you how you plead and then offer you a deal. Know what you want. Usually no points or a lesser fine.

F37150

orange crush
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI

-what i should wear?

Can't go wrong with wearing a suit, or business casuals... good luck!

kwongo

will fly for food
the court im going to is in kitchener. so they won't ask me why i am not guilty? just offer me something? because if i mention reasons why i am not guilty, will they write it down and come up with something to counter me later in court?

alanchicken

的士佬
the court im going to is in kitchener. so they won't ask me why i am not guilty? just offer me something? because if i mention reasons why i am not guilty, will they write it down and come up with something to counter me later in court?

as long as it's not reduced (e.g. the cop did not give u any favour), u can just file for trial instead of a first attendance. note that a trial does not really mean that u needa run a trial though. on the trial date, u can just walk to the prosecutor and ask him or her to reduce ur ticket to "15 over". the total payable would then be $52.50 or $55 or something like that with NO demerit points reduced. however, it is still a conviction unless the cop does not show up on the trial date for whatever reason. then, ur whole ticket will be withdrawn.

good luck!

jordan_327

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
good luck dude

kwongo

will fly for food
as long as it's not reduced (e.g. the cop did not give u any favour), u can just file for trial instead of a first attendance. note that a trial does not really mean that u needa run a trial though. on the trial date, u can just walk to the prosecutor and ask him or her to reduce ur ticket to "15 over". the total payable would then be $52.50 or $55 or something like that with NO demerit points reduced. however, it is still a conviction unless the cop does not show up on the trial date for whatever reason. then, ur whole ticket will be withdrawn.

good luck!

so does that mean i should just not accept whatever offer the prosecutor gives me tomorrow and go straight to court and ask to reduce it then? if i ask to reduce it during the trial and accept the offer. what you're saying is if the cop doesn't show up during the trial i can still get off with no conviction at all even though i accepted the offer before hand?