GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Analyze This Dyno

Stasis

E-Thug
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Dyno is of the vwpartsmtl CAI on an otherwise stock Rabbit... am I the only one who finds it weird? Discuss.

initialGTI

Ready to race!
i think it looks like there is some weird air pattern because the torque graph doesnt look smooth....

Froster

Passed Driver's Ed
Where did you find the graph? If it was on Vortex, it should be explained in whatever thread you found it in. This was the first dyno done on Siver_DUBs car and its set up to show torque at the crank and wheel horsepower. Its wrong, and there is another graph that shows it properly.

This is the revised one. Still indicates that its a torque monster with a sizable increase in HP. Whether or not I believe this 100% is another question because that is a big jump.

initialGTI

Ready to race!
not all powerbands are smooth. the 1.8t sure isnt.

and statis i meant the dyno mightve been cold.

oh well it looks kinda erratic thats why....its the first time i have seen a dyno that erratic. Last time I saw a dyno that looked like that was a crappy exhaust manifold on a 1.8t.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
This must be on a dynapack dyno? 200wtq out of a rabbit is ca-razy.

Oh and smoothing must be low or off on the dyno. Nothing is really all that smooth on a dyno.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
This must be on a dynapack dyno? 200wtq out of a rabbit is ca-razy.

Oh and smoothing must be low or off on the dyno. Nothing is really all that smooth on a dyno.

they're at the crank.

it does say 201 @ the flywheel in the first dyno chart, and 189 @ the flywheel in the 2nd one.