GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I risking it driving to CHI in January on All seasons?

2.0t_convert

Ready to race!
You will be fine. Major highways will be kept plowed of snow and if it snows enough to make travel impassable with all season tires chances are you won't be going anywhere is snow tires either.

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
^^ I bet that is what Floridians actually think of when winter tires are the topic.

Truth. This is what we think of when there is even a small mention of snow fall:

slowgti

Passed Driver's Ed
If you are going to be street parking in Chicago on a daily basis you will absolutely need snow tires...unless you want to shovel every time you enter or exit a spot. The plows pile that shit up alongside cars making all seasons useless.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I have had the car since 09 and right now this is my second set of all seasons tire:1st Pirelli,2nd Conti. While it is a nice to have a winter set.
Snow has not deprived me from driving on it (cool at times), not a terminal limitation.:thumbsup:

johnnyveelish

Go Kart Champion
If you are going to be street parking in Chicago on a daily basis you will absolutely need snow tires...unless you want to shovel every time you enter or exit a spot. The plows pile that shit up alongside cars making all seasons useless.

hah! you need a handy shovel. after you cleared your car to get out, another pass by the plow truck, you're back at digging again. winter ain't bad here, but it's very unpredictable specially with the lake effect.