GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Am I risking it driving to CHI in January on All seasons?

VentoGT

Ready to race!
All--

I'm moving from ATL to CHI shortly but I have a dilemma...I am going to get winter wheels and tires but I don't want to have to try to load my Detroits into my car for the trip up to CHI...

Am I taking a huge risk driving up on major highways at the beginning of the year and then getting the winter wheels put on up there? Let me know your thoughts...

Thanks!

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
i drove thru the winter on my pirelli all season with 30k miles on them, no issues.

you'll be fine, don't stress about it.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
You'll be fine with all season tires.

For you and this area.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion

VentoGT

Ready to race!
This! And welcome Dude!

That takes a load off for me...thanks for the replies. Not looking forward to having to get a front tag, but am looking forward to it being a Chicago Blackhawks one [even though this season looks like its FUBAR]

Looking forward to mingling with the Chi-town VW folk

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
That takes a load off for me...thanks for the replies. Not looking forward to having to get a front tag, but am looking forward to it being a Chicago Blackhawks one [even though this season looks like its FUBAR]

Looking forward to mingling with the Chi-town VW folk

front tag?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
how much tread is left on your a/s?

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
IL requires front and rear plates/tags, Georgia does not

i ride with no front plate. you only get a "fix it" ticket. basically take some double sided tape, slap the plate on the front of your car, and take a picture. then you take the plate off and drive normally. all you have to do is show "proof" of having a front plate on if you ever get a ticket for it.

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
Regarding the front plate I'm almost done with my drill free bracket.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
Probably 70-75%. Car just ticked over 10K miles and I don't beat it up too much.

you have plenty of tread left, as others have said you will be good with your all seaons

VentoGT

Ready to race!
i ride with no front plate. you only get a "fix it" ticket. basically take some double sided tape, slap the plate on the front of your car, and take a picture. then you take the plate off and drive normally. all you have to do is show "proof" of having a front plate on if you ever get a ticket for it.

Nice! Well, I also just renewed my tag 15 days ago here so I have a year of Georgia tag paid for--will probably ride that out as long as I can.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you should be good with those all seasons. Just watch throttle modulation.