GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

All Season Tires

Jedy617

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW R32 #2280
Hey guys, I need some all season tires. Probably either potenza re970as pole position or continental DWS. I have heard great things about both but probably leaning towards the potenza's.

I have heard great things about DWS in the winter, but shitty in the dry, and so far nothing about the pole positions. We do get a good amount of snow here but I also want a tire that's good in the dry too.

Any other suggestions would be great too

I have done some research on tire rack, but some first hand opinions would be geat, thanks

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
All I can add is that I've decided on the RE970AS myself, based on Tirerack and other reviews, BUT... I run a dedicated winter tire setup for snow.

At least going from Tirerack's test and survey results, the Bridgestones are superior in every category except for snow traction, and even there, the difference is minimal.

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
Hankook ventus v4 are solid year round. They also dont wear.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
The DWS are not "shitty in the dry." they are a little looser on turn-in due to the more aggressive snow treading, but they are still excellent handling tires overall, even on dry pavement.

considering your location and the weather conditions you get; unless you plan to get some dedicated snow tires the DWS would likely be your best choice by far.

Jedy617

Ready to race!
Car(s)
CW R32 #2280
The DWS are not "shitty in the dry." they are a little looser on turn-in due to the more aggressive snow treading, but they are still excellent handling tires overall, even on dry pavement.

considering your location and the weather conditions you get; unless you plan to get some dedicated snow tires the DWS would likely be your best choice by far.

Yeah I think I'm leaning towards the DWS's for better snow performance since there aren't that many options for snow tires in 18's, and they are expensive...

gotti

.:R32 OG lulz...
Car(s)
.:R32

I have these and agree with the above 100%, so like his Sig says...Saab ftw...

scca_ziptie

Car(s)
Mk5 R32 #684
I'm running the DWS' and am very happy with them - with not expecting them to have the grip levels of a summer performance tire already in mind I would say run them and you will not be disappointed.

Ran them on my e46 M3 that I had prior to the R and was very happy as well with an additional bonus that I could actually swap rear tires from corner to corner as the tread pattern is not directional - this also means that you have a range of options in rotating tires on your car which is good for tire life.

The company that I work for recently rented Portland International Raceway and hosted an open lapping day for a select group of our customers - put just under 50 miles on the clock (track is 2 miles) and the tires were hardly showing signs of abuse with a pace of probably 6-8/10's over the various laps. Completely stock car(#684) aside from the Schroth Quick Fit Pro on my side and also was pleasantly surprised to experience no brake fade. But now I'm getting side tracked.... Try the DWS' you won't be disappointed.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
I can also back up the DWS's, they're fantastic in the summer and winter

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
I also have the Continental DWS tires. They are a big change from the Hankook Ventus V12s that I had on before as they were rather loud. Seem to stick a lot more and work well in the heat. I will see once it gets a little colder here in the next few months.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
i grabbed 4 Continental DWS's the other day and ive been riding on them for about 3 days and love them. the ride is so smooth and nice and i can definitely feel them holding better. I really wanted the DW's but i didnt have the cash to secure a set of winter wheels before it got cold.

last year i ran hankook v12 evo's on my first mk5 and i will definitely miss them but im looking forward to see how these things handle new york winters. for once i want to see some snow.

twkamp44

I picked up a set of DWS a couple months ago and have no complaints. They've felt and handled admirably in the dry weather, and we just got blasted with snow this morning and they handled that like a champ as well on the drive in to work.

Full disclosure: I picked them up specifically for the winter months, once summer rolls around I plan on running a dedicated set of summer tires.

Trinimkv

Ready to race!
Potenza re970as are alot better than dws and those other brands, i have them and compared to dws its a whole lot better dry,wet...