GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

alarm and auto starter...

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
GTI2007 said:
Most of the auto starters are developed for automatic gearbox cars so they don't have anything that bypasses the engaging of the clutch to start a car with a manual gearbox that stands in gear.

Yeah, so my question was/is how does the car start if theres no one to engage the clutch.

GTI2007

I think it doesn't start. A car with a manual gearbox that starts with the car in gear and no pressure on the accelator would make the engine to stop turning. According to my kowledge.

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Yeah and thats what the original poster was talking about. How to make it work on a manual. I know my last GTI the clutch didn't need to be engaged to start the car. The MKV does.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
You bypass the clutch. You simply have to figure out which wire has continuity when the clutch is depressed. Some cars like mitsubishi you simply unplug a plug that contains this wire. To answer your question it can be done on a manual. The MKV GTI is a pain in the ass so far when it comes to aftermarket alarm or remote start.

eddy55

Snowball
New to this forum - can anyone help me with a remote starter installation question?

Installing a Viper 4204 and idatalink CANbus interface into a 2009 Rabbit, 5 speed.