GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Advise on how to better put power down on MK7 GTI?

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
LSD standard = GTI PP?

The gti S has no electronic lsd, while those with performance pack do. If you already have the pp lsd then you can't just swap it for the wavetrac. If you have the S then you can install the wavetrac, though I don't think it's a simple job (the part that comes after getting the transmission off).

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, silt vous plait.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The gti S has no electronic lsd, while those with performance pack do. If you already have the pp lsd then you can't just swap it for the wavetrac. If you have the S then you can install the wavetrac, though I don't think it's a simple job (the part that comes after getting the transmission off).

Someone tell me if I'm wrong, silt vous plait.

If he has LSD why would he remove it for a Wavetrac?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
BFI mounts and good tires make a massive difference, but you can literally spend thousands on the rest of the above mods in addition to that. Just do things in steps and stop when you're happy with the results

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie
The "eLSD" of the performance pack isn't really a differential. It is basically a haldex coupling attached to the right of the front open differential, much like an AWD Haldex has the coupling mounted forward of the rear open differential (to transfer power to the rear axle).

In regards to if a wavetrac can do a better job than a Haldex coupling? There's an old thread on it.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...etrac-direct-comparison-great-writeup.346228/

Snowmanmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Yup, mine is a non-pp. seems like mounts and wavetrac would be what I need. I am currently on 034 street density engine n transmission mounts. Previously have a dogbone insert but remove it as I felt the vibration from standstill to move off.

Will a front sway bar help? Already have a rear sway bar.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
If he has LSD why would he remove it for a Wavetrac?

This cat has LSD.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
The "eLSD" of the performance pack isn't really a differential. It is basically a haldex coupling attached to the right of the front open differential, much like an AWD Haldex has the coupling mounted forward of the rear open differential (to transfer power to the rear axle).

In regards to if a wavetrac can do a better job than a Haldex coupling? There's an old thread on it.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...etrac-direct-comparison-great-writeup.346228/

eLSD is called electronically limited slip differential in the manual.

AERO

Go Kart Newbie
Sticky tires

Mounts, LSD, etc are all great. But nothing is as important as good tires.

Tirerack does great testing and you can compare tires to each other in their various testing.

Also, it's a FWD car so there are just basic physics that can't be overcome. It's just an inherent problem with the GTI

Snowmanmk7

Passed Driver's Ed
honestly if you just get some Michelin Ps4 tires or nitto nt555r and also some good mounts and COBB traction control i bet you will be shocked how hard the car will launch even though fwd
How does the COBB traction control work? I already have a ECU n TCU tune. Will it affect the TCU tune?

mac340

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE 6MT
Good question. Would Cobb traction control allow it to be completely turned off in a 2019?

Krocket

My numbers will probably be different than most because of the altitude at my track but here they are with stage 2 EQT and TCU tune. I need to get Ed's traction control as well. 2015 GTI PP

Bandimere Speedway
5814 feet above sea level

60' 2.330
330 6.095
1/8 9.161
MPH 81
1000' 11.813
1/4 14.054
MPH 100.33