GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$50K budget...what would you get?

PrayforMojo

Go Kart Champion
My wife still pines for the C63 we almost bought a couple years ago. I figure we'll get one of the lease back 507 editions in a couple years. Unfortunately it will probably be her car and I won't get it drive it much.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
My wife still pines for the C63 we almost bought a couple years ago. I figure we'll get one of the lease back 507 editions in a couple years. Unfortunately it will probably be her car and I won't get it drive it much.

Nyquil works wonders #nightdrive #shewon'tevenknow

Bose

Ready to race!
So drove a 2005 911 S Cabriolet with 33K miles today. I understand the following of the 911, but to be honest, I was a bit underwhelmed. This particular car was very clean and drove well, but dang it's small. I couldn't shake the feeling that it drives like an older rear-engine VW. I know the Porsche is all about that mechanical planted feel, but for $42K, I expected more. It does go like a bat at 6000 rpm. No storage to speak of though.

That C63 may just be the ticket.

Bose

Ready to race!
On another note....

In the past 3 weeks, I've driven the following cars...

2012 Shelby GT500
2012 C63 AMG
2013 A5
2014 S4
2014 BMW 335i
2015 S3
2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe
2005 911 S Cabrio

The amazing thing to me is driving all these cars has confirmed just how complete and lovable our GTIs are. All these cars do one or two things really well, but the GTI is so complete from front to back that I'm having a hard time justifying putting $50K into any of them. I really believe for the cost of ownership, performance, utility, comfort, fit, and finish, we probably drive the best car ever built. But maybe I'm a little biased...

Last edited:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
On another note....

In the past 3 weeks, I've driven the following cars...

2012 Shelby GT500
2012 C63 AMG
2013 A5
2014 S4
2014 BMW 335i
2015 S3
2012 Cadillac CTS Coupe
2005 911 S Cabrio

The amazing thing to me is driving all these cars has confirmed just how complete and lovable our GTIs are. All these cars do one or two things really well, but the GTI is so complete from front to back that I'm having a hard time justifying putting $50K into any of them. I really believe for the cost of ownership, performance, utility, comfort, fit, and finish, we probably drive the best car ever built. But maybe I'm a little biased...

The GTI is an amazing DD/compromise car. If you can only do one car, it's decently hard to beat for many situations.

Bose

Ready to race!
The S3 & S4 were the top 2 cars I've driven. The S3 is simply a beast. Way faster than the 4 and the new interior on the 3 is very cool. It is a small car though and there's no moving the dealer on price. It's the only car so far that I've sat down and haggled over. All the others I just said thanks and left the lot.

Driving an E550 this weekend.

Last edited:

Bose

Ready to race!
Went back and drove the C63 again today. There's a bit if hesitation right at the beginning of throttle, so it might need the throttle position sensor adjusted by the dealer, but it's under warranty so that would be free.

Otherwise, it's an amazing car. Unlimited power on demand. Manual mode with the paddle shifters is flat-out brutal.

Bose

Ready to race!
Done...

2012 E550 Coupe. Fast enough and comfy as hell. 911s were fun. Drove 3 of them, but this one checked all the boxes. I just have to remember not to turn into a cock.

Last edited: