GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

$50K budget...what would you get?

Bose

Ready to race!
May have to put the search on hold for a bit. Sorry about the big pics.

Dude decided to turn left in front of me and my son last night at 11:00.
We hit him at a full 45 mph in our Wrangler.
2003 RSX vs. 2004 TJ ends badly for the Acura.
Jeep's probably totaled, so I have to get him something to drive first.
Waiting on GEICO now.

Bose

Ready to race!
We're rattled and have a couple of scrapes, but walked away. I was the passenger so my right shoulder is a bit sore from the seat belt.

I'll tell you this, the safety engineering in modern(ish) cars is awesome. We'd have died in something built in the 70's.

I don't care to experience air bag deployment again.

I'm a hard ass when teaching my kids to drive. Last night happened in about 0.2 seconds. The boy now understands.

Oh...that brush guard/bull bar on the front of the Jeep is 2.5" steel tubing. Turns out to be the best $199 I've ever spent.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
OH DANG!

Why would you have to buy him a car if he turned in front of you?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
We're rattled and have a couple of scrapes, but walked away. I was the passenger so my right shoulder is a bit sore from the seat belt.

I'll tell you this, the safety engineering in modern(ish) cars is awesome. We'd have died in something built in the 70's.

I don't care to experience air bag deployment again.

I'm a hard ass when teaching my kids to drive. Last night happened in about 0.2 seconds.

Yes. Modern safety equipment is amazing. It makes my job boring, but people are not hurt so that's good.

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
OH DANG!

Why would you have to buy him a car if he turned in front of you?

I think he might have meant he has to get his son something to drive if their Jeep is totaled

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

razr390

Go Kart Champion
Glad you guys are okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bose

Ready to race!
Jeep is totaled. Obviously the Acura too. GEICO didn't blink at our claim and paid everything.

Now have to car-shop for another vehicle for a 17 yr old before I can for me...unless I make it a package deal...Hmmmmm...

ToMMyGuN

Go Kart Champion
Jeep is totaled. Obviously the Acura too. GEICO didn't blink at our claim and paid everything.

Now have to car-shop for another vehicle for a 17 yr old before I can for me...unless I make it a package deal...Hmmmmm...

Want a 2012 mk6 autobahn? 40k miles, rebuilt title :)

In all seriousness, what kind of cars does your son like? What are you thinking?

Bose

Ready to race!
He's looking at V6 Mustangs. I was surprised when I got an insurance quote on a 2011 Mustang for him. $15/mo increase over the Wrangler.

I personally want another Jeep for him and that S3 I drove last week.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
You're a nice dad, my parents didn't give a shit what kind of car I wanted. At least they were nice enough to give me an old ass Taurus though, that was better than scrubbin' it in someone else's car.