its awesome looks good and i havent seen another
around Brisbane so its good. Any ideas on Mods to
start off with? i was thinking cold air intake
then chip. What do you think?

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
got my bm 3dr gti today...not impressed with driver side door being misaligned...anyway a nice car...now time to run it in and thrash

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
thats expected...quality control under booze control...still delighted with the car...the misalignment is out by 1.5cm but still paid the money allowed to be anal

My dealer assures me that the initial batch of 200 3-door GTI's is not a one-off limited edition exercise. He suggested that Volkswagen Australia didn't want a repeat of the 5-door fiasco where the only models available were customer spec'd orders and having to wait 6 to 12 months for these orders to be filled.

dandyandy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI
my 3 door gti has been mistaken as a polo gti until they see the rear lights

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
My GTI's been mistaken for a Corolla! :laugh:
Tends to happen after having a MINI. :tongue:

dodgey

Not a VW owner
My GTI's been mistaken for a Corolla! :laugh:
Tends to happen after having a MINI. :tongue:

Took me a while to recognise the difference. To me, the Polo has Passat like headlights and the Golf and Jetta share the same.

I've also recently noticed that the Corolla and the Golf share the same antenna (non satnav)

Gonna have to change that one I think :laugh:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Thought this comparison was interesting. I would have thought the rear quarter window had much more chopped off than it does when comapred to the rear doors on the 5 door.

:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 115867651-M.jpg
    115867651-M.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 199
This may sound stupid to some (many?) but... when I ordered the 5 door last week over the 3 door, part of the consideration was 1 - the tight parking at my work and 2 - the number of times my kids (18, 16, 4 x 2, 1) have opened my wifes car doors into mine and vice versa, whilst parked in our garage. The 18 and 16 year olds are girls who just don't understand things like why dings in the side of cars upset me ....

The 5 door just enables you to park closer without hitting doors. Its also more conducive for getting young kids in and out on the weekends which was the main reason.

But with 7 mouths and a bank manager to feed, not to mention the absence of the 4 month delay (3 door available), the decision to pay an extra $1500 and stick with 5 door wasn't easy.

PS in case you ask, wife drives 7 seat Territory and 2 older girls mostly dont want to come with us to "boring" family events on weekends.