GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3dr GTIs coming to Australia

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Yeah, it's kind of interesting to know though. I know dealers are taking order for January build/April delivery. Not sure on numbers of allocation in terms of either a minimum or maximum number of orders???

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Yeah, it's kind of interesting to know though. I know dealers are taking order for January build/April delivery. Not sure on numbers of allocation in terms of either a minimum or maximum number of orders???

Don't know but I hope VW has learnt their lesson and it wont be a 12month wait :)

Of course, people can always wait for the MkVI :D

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Don't know but I hope VW has learnt their lesson and it wont be a 12month wait :)
Mine was a 3 week wait! :headbang:

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
In the words of Jerry Seinfeld, yes, it's a limited edition*

*Limited only to the amount they can build and sell

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Sure kept that low-key, didn't ya... :smoking:
I see you already started with the tweaks: colour matched bumpers, tint, stubby antenna... What are those badge extras on the back?
Just need some euro plates now!! :laugh:

Congrats to you and your wife on your beautiful 3dr CW GTI! :thumbup: :headbang:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
The colour coding and tint were done pre-delivery. Stubby I had lying around in my garage from my old Mk4. One of the extra badges is an old skool Rabbit badge from when Mk1s were known as Rabbits in the States. Above the GTI badge is a dealer sticker that will go sooner rather than later, but because they were so good to deal with I figured I'd leave it for a week.

:w00t:

As for keeping it low key, yeah I guess so. It all happened pretty quick really. We found out on 15 October that 3dr GTIs were coming to Australia ... literally, our car was unloaded in Sydney on 21 October. Placed a deposit with Lennock to secure our car on 23 October, prior to official allocations, and then took delivery yesterday, 18 November.

:burnrubber:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
As for keeping it low key, yeah I guess so. It all happened pretty quick really. We found out on 15 October that 3dr GTIs were coming to Australia ... literally, our car was unloaded in Sydney on 21 October. Placed a deposit with Lennock to secure our car on 23 October, prior to official allocations, and then took delivery yesterday, 18 November.

:burnrubber:
Not much to think about I guess, it's a great car. And a great day for picking one up, my sister's B'day! :burnrubber:

How's the stubby, any difference in reception from the original?
Picked the rabbit badge but couldn't pick the Lennock sticker... Damn dealers. I had a dealer sticker on the rear window, easy to remove though! :biggrin: Now I just have to get rid of their free ad from my plate frame!! :mad:

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
Couldn't really tell you about the stubby just yet, haven't listened to the radio much and the original was removed within 2 hours of leaving the showroom. :laugh:

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
OMG
You bought a white one :drool:

went to Five dock VW today and booked test drive tomorrow
been told that there are only 200 3drs coming to Oz and might not have the specs I want

see how I go

Lima

Vorsprung durch technik
That's an interesting comment moo moo. Through the Wallenius Wilhelmsen website I have been able to account for 133 3dr GTIs to have been delivered to Sydney and Brisbane alone. Taking an educated guess then, that means there are most probably 200 3drs already in Australia right now. And yet, I know dealers are taking orders for January build/April delivery.

:iono:

We have ours though, and that's all that counts. :w00t:

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler
Sneaky sales tactics to pressure the buyer. Take your time moomoo, you'll get exactly what you want and a good price for it too. :thumbsup:

dodgey

Not a VW owner
Very nice minigolf!! :) Do like the colour coded bumpers on the white GTI.

Unless you are in a rush, moomoonel, go slowly and ask for what you want. I'm sure there will be more than 200 3doors GTIs in Aus (maybe not for this year, but definitely more next year)

moomoonel

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
not a good experience at Five Dock VW

Went for a test drive today at Five Dock VW

I was suprised they gave me a 3dr to test drive with. Drove it for roughly 10 mins...usual german car feel...very solid, well built interior and no rattle at all. DSG was good too. Quite like it, so I talked to the sales again in the showroom...

He said there are no more CW DSG with the options I want (xenon + leather + Sunroof). I said OK how about a Black one. He said $55000 on road and there is only one of them in Australia. After those 200 cars are sold there will be no more 3drs selling in Australia.

I asked why he is charging me 7000 on road cost. He said they are dealer charges + government charges + stamp duties and GST (?!?!?!). I laughed and said for that price I'd rather get a A3 sportback 2.0T same engine but better badge. He goes "You taking my car for a test drive end up wasting my time". I stood up straight away and he said "don't come back".

I am not angry or pissed. I just feel sorry for his boss. :thumbdown: