GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

225 or 235 for Miro 111 on 18's?

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
215/40/18?

I thought the max for 18x8.5 et35 Miro 111 was 215/40/18? Tires are Michelin AS3+...

We always recommend a 225/40/18 on an 8.5" wheel. In my opinion, it's the perfect size and is neither stretched nor "chunky." You can definitely fit a 235 on there but if you plan on really lowering the car, you will run into clearance issues a little sooner. Another thing to keep in mind is the tire brand you go with. Some run narrower than others so a 235 from one brand is actually just as wide as a 225 from another.

If you need a quote for some 111s with tires, let me know. We have them arriving next week.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
I want this look with these specific wheels, but have a stock height MKV.

Wheels: Miro 18x8.5 ET35
Tires: Michelin A/S3+ 215/40/18

I have scoured the forums for pics of a stock heigh MKV with ET35 Miro 111 wheels and this 215/40 set up. My noob concern is how much Poke at stock MKV height. Ive tried the calculators and understand that the new set up will sit roughly 22mm further out than my current stock 17x7.5 huffs. I do not want them to poke so much that it looks stupid or to look like I am driving a 4x4 at this height.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I do not want them to poke so much that it looks stupid or to look like I am driving a 4x4 at this height.

It will though

Even 18x8.5, ET45 (a better choice, but still for lowered cars) would poke at stock height and look a little odd.

So, ideally, you'd want 18x8 ET45 for a stock height car & to not look goofy.

OR just plan on lowering it to complete the look with the other offsets

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Just mounted the +35's on 215/40/18 and they are good. Not as pokey as I was worried about and I am happy with the look for now. Next up I'll go a bit lower as I am at stock height now. Considering Eibach. Going to let these run as is for a while to take time to decide what's next. Thanks for your help.

eliwise

Passed Driver's Ed
Eibach Pro Kit a good option?

Do you think the Eiback Pro Kit will be a good option at this offset? Or should I wait and go with something adjustable instead?

It will though

Even 18x8.5, ET45 (a better choice, but still for lowered cars) would poke at stock height and look a little odd.

So, ideally, you'd want 18x8 ET45 for a stock height car & to not look goofy.

OR just plan on lowering it to complete the look with the other offsets

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I liked the Eibach Sportlines, but you'd want aftermarket dampers to go with them.
Then, at that price point (new dampers & springs), you might as well get coilovers instead

So I'd say coilovers