GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2022 Formula 1 Season

graysen

Car(s)
2018 Volkswagen Jett
I was not expecting Hamilton to be at number 5 position at this time of the season. He should be finishing the season at least in the top 3.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
I was not expecting Hamilton to be at number 5 position at this time of the season. He should be finishing the season at least in the top 3.
You probably also weren't expecting Mercedes to bring a chassis to the grid this year that took a third of the season to figure out how to run it without porpoising, and that was underpowered compared to RB and Ferrari for most of the season.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
So I didn't watch the Mexican GP until yesterday. Was out of town on race day and just didn't have time the following week. Miraculously, I didn't actually get much spoiled.

Anyway, I fucking LIVE for the F1 Theme - Viva México Remix. My god, that was so good. Directly into my veins, please.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Anyway, I fucking LIVE for the F1 Theme - Viva México Remix. My god, that was so good. Directly into my veins, please.

: Proceeds to put on the hour long version on Youtube :

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI
disagree, it's still interesting in its own right

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
formula e blows ass
I'm somewhere in between these two.

Literally only watch highlights/clips when there is some sort of spectacular wreck or controversy. I do think that they're pushing/helping develop EV, but I'm ICE through and through. I can't even stand electric go-karts vs gas ones.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
Since the 'good ole days' were brought back up and because Senna took pole and won in Canada in '90; I came across this comparison of Max and Senna across 161 race starts. The poles for Senna are staggering to me.... 40% of his race weekends resulted in him starting from pole. Perspective: HAM is at 33%, MSC at 22%, and VER at 11%.

(Senna's # of fastest laps is wrong, he has 19)

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
modern drivers are also helped in comparisons like that with the 4-7 extra GP's in a season v when Senna was racing.

would be curious to see what everyones numbers looked like if they all were running 20-23 GP's a season v the 16 that was common for a very, very long time.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I agree. The modern drivers have many, many advantages over drivers of yesteryear. Which makes those records by those in the past even more significant. Reliability, safety standards, season length, etc.