GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Someone on the wrx forum I'm on has one and posted a short review.

Thought I'd share my initial thoughts on the car. Picked it up on Sunday and have about 430 miles on it. It's been killing me not to rev it, because the engine really wants to, but I've been good and it will be that much sweeter when I hit 1000 miles.

1. The car feels incredibly solid and tracks beautifully. Most of all, it flat out handles. It really is effortless speed. I find myself driving faster through back roads even with taking it easy during the break in than I did in my Focus ST. Even in some fairly heavy rain and wet roads the car just grips. I've been using track mode for most of my sporty drives. I played around with turning everything off, and while the car still feels great I really feel like it turns just that much quicker, and sharper with the brake vectoring left on. Turning radius is also fantastic, though anything probably would've felt amazing after the nearly 40' turning radius of the Focus ST.
2. The engine is a gem. It really feels like it wants to rev, and as long as you keep it around at least 2k there is instant power. I really enjoy the six speed and the clutch, it has a decent weight to it, but it isn't heavy. The gearbox really does seem to reward firm shifts.
3. The interior is a pretty nice place to be. In a lot of ways it reminds me of the interior from my MK5 GTI, which I loved. The auto climate seems to work well, as do the heated seats. Seats are also very comfy, and grippier than they seem for being so comfy. The steering wheel is fantastic, really makes you just want to have both hands on it as much as possible. Backup camera is pretty handy.

Dislikes
Honestly not much. Some of the chimes are a little annoying, and the center screen can put a distracting glare on the windshield at night. The stock sound system is pretty much garbage, although its not that much worse than the upgraded Sony system I had in the ST. My plan with the car all along has been to get a nice aftermarket sound system after being disappointed by most premium audio upgrades. Only other complaint would be the feeling on the brake pedal. The brakes are fantastic, but it really feels like you have to put a lot of pressure on the pedal, and until you get used to this feeling they don't initially inspire a lot of confidence.

Also I just noticed you can change the triple display screen to show engine oil temp, psi and something else. I'll probably go with average mpg.

Overall I couldn't be happier with this car. Can't wait to get to 1k so I can really open it up.

Thunderfunk

Ready to race!

Calvinball

Go Kart Champion
Modkata...are you ready for all the awesome you'll encounter??

Sent from the beer depository.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
PRESTON IS BUYING ONE.

THE INTERWEBZ TOLD ME SO.

I would hold out for a hatch if this ends up being true.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

IF it happens, I can't imagine seeing it till 2017. IF...

Someone posted their new WRX on the S2000 forums:

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/1079006-my-new-dd-2015-wrx/

Exterior I'm not that much of a fan of but interior looks much improved.

I like the front and rear a lot, lol. And yeah, the interior is way better and the seats are AWESOME.

modkata is currently not getting one of these cars :( but we'll see as time goes on...

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Modkata...are you ready for all the awesome you'll encounter??

Sent from the beer depository.

I WANT ONE NOW.

adolan21

Ready to race!
Mazdaspeed Miatas are cool, totally forgot about those

Super hard to find (at least in my area) and I guess the powerband sucks on it. Tons of turbo lag I've heard reviewers complain about. Worth a drive if you can find one though.

Actually just looked at there are 3 in a 200 mile radius from me. '05 with 32K miles for $17k, looks pretty good. I'd love to try one out.