GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
I got told last night that the new STIs were being "presold" at a premium over sticker. The salesman told me that of the 500 (i think?) allocated to the US for the special edition, 4 were coming to my local dealer and 2 had already been sold.

And FWIW, when I originally wanted to test drive a WRX last year they told me because they had none in stock and only 1 in transit i'd have to put a deposit down just to drive it. Otherwise they'd let it sit on the lot upon arrival for sale.

BS. Some dealers may be selling it for over MSRP, but there are plenty of dealers selling it for below invoice or slightly above invoice. I ordered from a place in NJ for 500 under invoice. A guy in colorado is selling them for 1000 under invoice and will ship them to wherever.

mmoran903

Ready to race!
BS. Some dealers may be selling it for over MSRP, but there are plenty of dealers selling it for below invoice or slightly above invoice. I ordered from a place in NJ for 500 under invoice. A guy in colorado is selling them for 1000 under invoice and will ship them to wherever.

Yea, not sure if it's due to location or this guy being a general asshole. I know they are only making 1,000 (according to Subaru after doing some research).

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the 1,000 "Launch Editions" have been no secret, but yes, in some areas I'm sure they will sell at MSRP or higher.

mmoran903

Ready to race!
the 1,000 "Launch Editions" have been no secret, but yes, in some areas I'm sure they will sell at MSRP or higher.

Yea. I want to drive the new (regular) WRX. The only thing that kept me from buying the 2014 was the shitty local dealer and the cheap interior. It seems like the 2015s will have a much nicer feel.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the 2015 is night and day over the 2014, but it will still show some econo roots of course.

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
I wonder how good/bad the CVT is... reviewers are saying its great. I am getting an auto next so that's important to me...

mmoran903

Ready to race!
the 2015 is night and day over the 2014, but it will still show some econo roots of course.

Yea, the reviews seem to indicate the interior is much nicer than before. If so, as long as i get a reasonable amount for my GTI (read:21kish) I'm headed back to Subaru land.

mkvince

Go Kart Champion
The interior is same as the current Impreza interior with some additional touch, but still definitely nicer the the previous gen though.

On the other note, Mitsu is killing the Evo X :cry:. I'm not surprised though.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion

This review states its not the best daily driver... boo :\

Welp, scratch that.

I really like the new wrx personally, but im just going to hate on it cause i dont have the money for one.

Additionally, i bought the gti cause i wanted a nice daily driver...so just another reason to hate/love the wrx. digital boost gauge is cool but they trashed the hatchback wtf

Kind of weird they called out gti and focus st as being slower than a wrx...couldnt find another car more accurate to compare to?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I wonder how good/bad the CVT is... reviewers are saying its great. I am getting an auto next so that's important to me...

reviewers are .. saying it's great ;)

it is almost as fast as a true DCT, it seems. It simulates the "shifts" and has the revs blip too, iirc. Sounds like the best CVT on the market.

The interior is same as the current Impreza interior with some additional touch, but still definitely nicer the the previous gen though.

On the other note, Mitsu is killing the Evo X :cry:. I'm not surprised though.

the seats are much much better than the impreza or the last wrx.

saw that on the evo.. pretty wild. i guess they didn't want to go the hybrid sports car route..too costly, i bet.

This review states its not the best daily driver... boo :\

Welp, scratch that.

Well, its gonna be stiff, yes. Can't see YT at my work.. but even some guys in GTI's with 18"s think its stiff.

becauseracecar.

go drive one to see first.

formul8

My GLI farts
Car(s)
2006 GLI
I saw a truck full of factory fresh Subarus the other day and one of them was the last generation (2013/2014?) blue STI hatchback still in the wrapper.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
nasioc's april fools day joke lol