GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

08 fsi k04 vs 07 civic si jksn s/c

gti-typical k04 setup
civic si- jackson supercharger, typical bolt-ons, dyno'd at 285whp

a buddy and i decided to do a 40 - 120 pull on the highway yesterday. we went for it and we were dead even until i shift to 4th gear and he had about a half of car on me. i then had to hit my brakes at 90mph since someone cut into my lane.

some other variables me- had one passenger in the car, spare and didn't power shift. him no passenger, power shifted and no spare. maybe with no lift shift and some weight reduction i can pull on him.

here are some videos of him racing other cars

http://youtu.be/Xjwox7Vk-Vk

http://youtu.be/vCKLjX7vnV4

SapperStryker

Yes....
Car(s)
07' GTi MKv

Sent from Racecar

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
whats a power shift?

No lift shift.

I have driven my friend´s 08 SI with a Comptech SC and a bunch of other mods, and the thing rips!!! Surely on par with a K04 GTI.

Last edited:

Kwiksilver07

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 3dr reflex silver
Still no K03

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
so burning up the clutch and sounding like youre in 2 fast 2 furious :thumbsup:

Yup, not for the faint of heart lol, i have never done it myself though.

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Yup, not for the faint of heart lol, i have never done it myself though.

I used to powershift my 2002 Mustang GT all the time...well, for the first 32,000 miles or so, until I fucked up my 3rd gear synchros powershifting at the drag strip. It made a pretty significant difference. Best I could run was 14.0 powershifting, and 14.2 or 14.3 shifting as fast as I could but lifting off the throttle between shifts. I don't know if it would make much of a difference with a GTI, but it was good for at least 2 tenths with my Mustang.