GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

ferodo DS2500, VAGCOM and brake sensor

I am looking to fit some ferodo DS2500 on the front wheels, has anyone have them fitted ? from what I have been told, there aren't brake sensors that came with it, so what would be the best solution ?? I'd rather turn off the sensor warning but I don't think the dealer could do...some forums...
  2. C

Fuel cut ??

Hello ! Just wondering if anyone have experienced the scenario when you put your foot down, ESP off, going downhill, the throttle shuts for a brief moment so when you accelerating you have a sudden jolt and the car just goes back to idle. you lift your foot and press your throttle back and the...
  3. C

60K service cost

I am just quoted ~$1200...is this normal ? This is already including the DSG oil change.
  4. C

how hot can it get ??

yesterday when i went to pick up my car... see if the record can be beaten end of today....
  5. C

is DIY ECU reset popssible ??

I need to reset the ECU because fro some reason the wiper is obviously confused !! When I press down the stalk to clean and wipe the rear window the from washer jet was deployed and nothing happened at the rear window !!...
  6. C

Sunroof service

Hi everyone, Just wondering for those with factory sunroof, do you need to have them serviced every year ??
  7. C

plastic or metal valves for tyres ?

This is a long debating question, which one is the better way to go ? Now obvious advantage of metal valves they hold the pressure better, but some might say they corrode over time. Some prefer to fit plastic ones, but leakage is pretty bad... So which one will you pick ?
  8. C

air con dead

started car this morning : hot air coming out even it's set to LO... tried again many times turning off engine and key out, no luck... baking hot...!! :mad0259: has any of you had their a/c repaired before ?? I heard it's a common fault on the Golf. I'm very surprised that it died after just...
  9. C

Well, glad it works

Wrapped up my xmas shopping and started the car, heard a beep and a light is on : Please Check Oil Level ! I was a bit surprised because it never occurs to me that the engine uses up oil that quickly, although it is due for a service in 2000kms. So finally topped up the oil. But I'm a bit...
  10. C

tyre pressure warning

does anyone know how will the tyre pressure warning come on ?? I checked the tyre pressures last night and a bit annoyed the tyres are 4psi lower than the set pressure last time when it was checked and no warning on the dash all these time...
  11. C

If anyone says the Golf is small...

Everyone seems to think if it's a hatch it's a small car. Well, I don't have the chest drawer that Clarkson put at the back of the car. But this is a 1.5m tall box that I put in the just purchased portable air con into the car with the rear seats folding. No noticeable power defincite because...
  12. C

On a very lazy sunday afternoon

It's finally a clear day that I am free so it's time to detail the car again. The damn water restrictions means I could hardly do this unless I timed it correctly. Went to the car wash last night to give it a good scrub. Let it dry overnight. then today: 1. 'Dry cleaning' the car with quik...
  13. C

More on that difficult engine cover...

Trying to fit the BMC panel filter myself...not much of a success because the rubber bushings are way too hard for what i am capable of physically to pull them out. Are there any hints besides those listed on vortex that I can use ? I thought of briefly running the engine around the block so it...
  14. C

grrr....scratched rim again

while the old style kerb stone looks pretty, it is a rim killer !! this is the 2nd time it's done the damage while i park, and because the kerb is ultra high around east melbourne area with ultra small parking space (and they'll give you a ticket if you park outside that square...), it's...
  15. C

Tough suspension

I had a wheel alignment done today as it needed rotation and balancing done. I'm very impressed with the toughness of the suspension. I had driven over a few rough potholes and was thinking it'll cause some drastic mis-alignment. However, all it needed was some minor adjustments. Looking...
  16. C

Want some quality rubber ?

I got a quote for the famous Bridgestone semi slick RE01R, for the 17" size it's ~$385 fitted per corner. And this is perfectly road legal. Who's up for it ?
  17. C

Not happy !!

Well car went in today to change one of the pedal shift button on the steering wheel. Picked up the car with no functional shift buttons !! The dealer had to order both buttons now and the computer that handles the shifting !! Not happy !!
  18. C

What is in your boot ?

I have: - puncture repair foam - picnic blanket, good for loading stuff that can scratch the paint work - umbrella, in case it rains, yeah i know not happening - first aid kit - a spare jacket, to keep warm
  19. C

Oz Racing rims

Got some pricing for 17" Golf GTI: Hydra is @ $637 per wheel http://www.magwheelcentre.com.au/index.php?pid=ozracing&det=oz_hydra Forgiata (lightweight forged rim) @ $2,123 per wheel !!!! http://www.magwheelcentre.com.au/index.php?pid=ozracing&det=oz_forgiata
  20. C

5th Gear's verdict

5th Gear picked the best hot hatches of the current generation among: - VW Golf GTI - Ford Focus ST - Renault Megane 225 - Mazda3 MPS - Seat Leon Cupra - Honda Civic Type R - Vauxhall Astra VXR Final 4 was the Honda, Renault, Ford and VW Final 2 was Ford and VW Guess who won ? VW Golf GTI...