GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

grrr....scratched rim again

captainslow

Mr Oversteer
while the old style kerb stone looks pretty, it is a rim killer !! this is the 2nd time it's done the damage while i park, and because the kerb is ultra high around east melbourne area with ultra small parking space (and they'll give you a ticket if you park outside that square...), it's scratched on the edge of the round bits on the spoke from the middle of the rim right to the edge...

I need a new rim...:mad:

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Ouch... yeah the blue stone is a killer... seen a few people absolutely mangle wheels on Porsches and Mercs back when they had the bluestones along Malvern Rd.... although the people that did it obviously didn't deserve the cars they were driving cos it wasn't the first time they'd done it.

Not necessarily new rim for you... get a wheel repair place to check it out, you'd be amazed what they can fix. Advanced Alloy Wheel Repairs in Moorabbin FTW.

CiaranGTI

Schwam, Doo, Doo and heif
got any pics of this kerb? I cant visualise why they are so easy to hit?

captainslow

Mr Oversteer
Ouch... yeah the blue stone is a killer... seen a few people absolutely mangle wheels on Porsches and Mercs back when they had the bluestones along Malvern Rd.... although the people that did it obviously didn't deserve the cars they were driving cos it wasn't the first time they'd done it.

Not necessarily new rim for you... get a wheel repair place to check it out, you'd be amazed what they can fix. Advanced Alloy Wheel Repairs in Moorabbin FTW.

Yeah I thought of getting it resprayed, but since I don't have a full size spare that's probably good idea to get one, especially a respray is nearly 50% of the purchase price of a new rim. then touch wood if that happens again i don't need to have to drive around with a spare pizza cutter while the damaged one getting repaired.

-mission-

Direkt Schalt Getriebe
Car(s)
MY07 Golf GTI

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Captainslow: Normal gutter rash is only about $100-150 to fix

DRMAT

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Black Magic MkV Golf
Nope they won't cos its not a fault/ maintenance issue, its like that all the time. If yours looks like that i think that'd be a fairly easy fix.

blue2th

Ready to race!
i scratched mine too but fortunately only the edge of the rim. when i dropped car in barloworld glen waverley, told the tyre shop guys to fix it. $108+GST looks like brand new and you won't even know it has been fixed!

highly recommended. if interested, call Graeme 9550 5898 (Mon-Fri 8am-5pm)

blue2th

Ready to race!
thanks blue2th, but after my experience with barloworld it will have to do it for free and give me an r32 for the day to go there

sorry to hear that....if it's any consolation, the tyre shop is separate to the VW service. it's a shop next to the Holden service centre as you enter.
R32 should be do-able i would think....i got a GT for the day free despite not asking! but it depends on the salesperson you deal with.

zz2

VAG expert
Car(s)
GTI V
im still yet to scratch up my rims *touches wood*. have one tiny scuff on the little lip at the very edge.

now my mums 307.. jeesus! :eek:
the one plus side is that the 307 has a full size spare so i just had them swap the wheels around. so instead of 3 out of 4 scratched rims its now 2 out of 4.