GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. G

Flashing CEL

I have an `06 GTI w/DSG, 107,000 miles, APR Stage 1 since 10,000 miles. Other than that it's pretty much stock with the exception of the Eurojet PCV, upgrated diverter, and boost gauge. I've had a solid CEL for the past 2,000 miles or so that I haven't really worried about. I figured it was a...
  2. G

Tech Bulletin 24M2 O3

I just dropped my 06 GTI off to get the ignition coils replaced due to the recall. However the dealer (Boardwalk VW in Redwood City, CA) also says there's a tech service bulletin, RVUTB Code 24M2 O3, which I could have done on my car, if I want. He says it is an ECU reflash which corrects the...
  3. G

Cigarette Lighter Light/Ring Burnt Out?

I just noticed this yesterday. I always keep my radar detector plugged into my cigarette lighter, so the little coin tray thing is always open...the red light that goes around the cigarette lighter port doesn't light up anymore! Anybody else have this happen? Any ideas on how to fix? Not a...
  4. G

Broken Dome Light Switch (Door Position)?

I'm pretty sure the switch for the dome light in my 06 GTI has gone bad. Off still works, and On still works, but when it's in the 'Door' position, it's the same as being in the 'Off' position. I know it's not the door switches/sensors, because the footwells still come on when you open the...
  5. G

Washington Post Volkswagen Article

Just thought I'd share, kinda interesting article about the future of VW: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/10/04/AR2009100403152.html?hpid=moreheadlines I sure hope they don't screw up a good thing!!
  6. G

(SF Bay Area) DSG Fluid Change?

My 06 GTI is due (waaayyy overdue!) for a DSG fluid change. I called Boardwalk Volkswagen, and they quoted me about $550 and said they'd have to keep the car overnight. It took them a long time to figure out what they were talking about...they didn't even know about the DSG fluid change, so I...
  7. G

SF Bay Area - Need M14 Triple Square Bit

Anyone in/around the SF bay area have, or know where I can pick up, the M14 Triple Square Bit that you need to remove bolts on the brake calipers? I'd like to switch out brake pads this weekend. Tried Autozone, Pep Boys, Kohlweiss, Tooland, Yong's Auto Parts, and Boardwalk Volkswagen...
  8. G

Gettin New Brake Pads

69,000 miles on the stock ones, and I'm just about to replace all four (really only the rear ones need it, but I'll do the fronts too). Just called the dealer to ask about picking up the OEM pads, and they're $109 for the fronts, and $80 for the rear. The car's my daily driver, and I drive...
  9. G

Seat Slide Problem

I've done searches and I know a few people have had this problem in the past... As of yesterday, when I fold my passenger seat forward (2 door GTI), it does not slide anymore. I did some inspection and it looks like the cable which pushes down on the thing that holds the seat in place on the...
  10. G

Just found a little Easter Egg!

I've had my car since May 2006, and I've got 75,000 miles on it now and I just found this yesterday... I like being able to change radio stations from the steering wheel, and I use it all the time. I had always been bummed out that you couldn't scan the radio stations though, you could only...
  11. G

Dome Light Switch Problem

Like most people I keep my dome light switch in the 'door' position so that the dome lights come on when the door is opened (also when unlocking from the key fob, etc). About a month ago I think the switch went bad. It still works sometimes, if I set it in exactly right right position, but...
  12. G

Cost to Replace Passenger Window?

I was at a concert in Potrero Hill, San Francisco tonight and someone smashed the passenger side window of my GTI. Fortunately nothing was taken. The glove box and the center console was open, but I haven't noticed anything missing. Radar detector and laptop in the trunk are still there too...
  13. G

Remove Stock DV

What's the best tool to use to remove the three bolts for the stock diverter valve? I'm using a 5mm hex key (allen wrench) right now and its a real bitch because i can only get quarter turns each time. Also, I can't even get a turn on the third top bolt. Access is tough and I can't turn the...
  14. G

General DV Question

I have an 06 GTI DSG with 61k (!) miles on it. It's APR Stage 1, a while ago I noticed it wasn't pulling as hard. Installed a boost gauge and peaking at about 14-15 PSI, the same in stock mode as in 91 octane APR. Can't feel the difference either. I'm already using the EJ PCV fix, so my next...
  15. G

DSG Fluid - To Change, or Not to Change?

I've got just under 60k miles on my 06 GTI, and I've yet to change the DSG fluid/oil. I don't plan on doing it myself since it looks like a little too much work for me and I don't have all of the tools either. I'm reading up on it and it sounds like people are mixed as to whether it's really...
  16. G

AWE Boost Gauge - Electrical Install?

I installed the AWE boost vent gauge today - everything works perfectly except I haven't done the electrical yet. The website says this is what you should get: I have everything except for the black wiring harness coiled up next to the two red clips. Instead I have a 4" section of red wire...
  17. G

Cracked My Oil Filter Housing!

So I was changing my oil at 55,000 miles today and while unscrewing the oil filter housing I cracked it. Must have put it on there too tight and I was taking it off with an adjustable wrench, which is a pain. I did pick up the 36mm socket afterward, which I should have done a long time ago...
  18. G

Bridgestone Potenza RE960 Or Michelin Pilot Sport A/S?

Well its about time to replace the stock Contis on the GTI (somehow got 52,000 mi out of them) and I'm considering either the Bridgestone Potenza RE960 ($151/tire) and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S ($181/tire). The Michelins are a little more expensive as usual but I figure it's not a huge...
  19. G

Where can I buy a new PCV and DV?

So, I've been reading a ton of threads on here about fixes for the PCV and DV but.. where can I order these? I have a feeling both of mine are blown. APR Stage 1, oil leaking out of the cap on the engine, and a whistling/fluttering under hard acceleration. Also, I don't have a boost gauge...
  20. G

Removing Small Dents?

I've got two small dents on my car. I'm actually not even sure if these could be considered dents; one is on the driver's side door, the other on the hatch, and they're really small, mostly just imperfections in the panels that you can see from certain angles. The door, I imagine, is from...