GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. U

Where To Get Wheels Painted in Los Angeles

Where in Los Angeles can I go to get my RS4 reps painted black (matte black perferably). I live in Santa Monica so someplace nearby would be ideal. Anybody have any suggestions? I scuffed one up pretty bad and thought instead of buying new wheels I'd just get them resurfaced and painted.
  2. U

So. CA Weekend Drive - San Diego to Palm Desert

For all you San Diego people....I had to go to Palm Springs/Desert this weekend and had an AWESOME drive in my 07' GTI. If you haven't done so this is a great drive to put your GTI through some great twisty mountain roads. Take the 15 N to the 79 E to the 371 to the 74 towards Palm Desert. Had...
  3. U

Declined 20k Service

Thanks to reading a bunch of posts on here about the 20k service I decided not to get it either. I'm not paying close to $300 for a bunch of "checks". I just got an oil change and I bought the dust and pollen filter and am going to change that myself. They tried to sell me on the 20k service but...
  4. U

Crazy Insurance People!!!

So I've had my 07' GTI since October. I have 21st Century insurance. My rate to insure my car was $600 for 6 months. My insurance is up in June so i just got the new quote. They quoted me $1030 for 6 months!!!!!!!! Almost double what i was paying!!! :mad: I've never had a ticket in my whole life...
  5. U

What Pressure?

Those of you with 18's with 225/40 18 tires........what pressure are you running in your tires? What's the pros/cons of higher or lower pressure?
  6. U

Alignment Specs and Pricing

i had H&R sports (54752) installed about 2 weeks ago and i called VW today to get the price for a 4 wheel alignment. They said $200!! I'm guessing that's really high.....yeah? Also what specs should I be using for the alignment for H&R sports? Can I just use the stock specs? Any suggestions on...
  7. U

FS: Stock 17's....MUST SELL ASAP

4 17" VW 2007 GTI Wheels Offset: 54ET 5x112 bolt pattern 225/45 17 Bridgestone Potenza tires (5k miles on them) TPMS sensors included (tire pressure monitoring system) $750/obo.......need to sell asap!!!! make a resonable offer and i'll sell. Message me if interested. I'm in San Diego CA.
  8. U

GTI Clunking when Stopping!!!

So my car is at VW right now and they are going to look at it in the morning but here is what happened. I was driving and i came to a stop and just as i stopped the car i heard/felt a "clunk" and my car kinda jumped forward(sounded and felt like it came from the rear). Any ideas???? It kept...
  9. U

Rollin in San Diego!

Anybody here crusing on 5 north today around Del Mar in a black GTI with black rims? I was in a CW right next to you. I just posted pics of all the work just done on my ride....check it here.... http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16292
  10. U

H&R+RS4's+Tint+Sharan=Pics!!!!!!!!

I finally got my 07' GTI hooked up. These are the new batch of H&R sports (54752) with 18" AT Italia RS4 reps with Pirelli P-Zero Nero tires (225/40 18). Tint is 15% in the rear and 50% in the front. Sharan stubby antenna to replace the stock whip antenna. The rear will drop a bit more once it...
  11. U

HR Issue --- HEEELLLP!!!!

So its not a H&R issue but here's my problem. I had H&R sports (54752) installed yesterday along with new wheels. When I left the shop I had a ABS and my ESP light on on the dash. I brought it back and they checked it and hooked up to to vag-com and sent me on my way.......lights came back on. I...
  12. U

Will 18" Wheels Fit Inside Our Car?

Obviously I'll test this myself later but has anybody fit 4 18x8 wheels with tires inside there car with the rear seats down? I need to transport my new wheels to a new location and was crossing my fingers that they'll fit.
  13. U

FS: So CA 17" stock gti wheels/tires with TMPS sensors!!!

17" VW Wheel Offset: 54ET 5x112 bolt pattern 225/45 17 Bridgestone Potenza tires (5k miles on them) TPMS sensors included (tire pressure monitoring system) $750/obo Message me if interested. I'm in San Diego CA.
  14. U

Backorder No More!!!!!!!! H&R!!!

As most everyone knows the H&R sport springs 54752 have been on backorder since FOREVER...........well mine just came in!!!!!! I'm getting them installed on Tuesday as well as my 18" RS4 reps with Pirellis! Will post pics after I get it done.
  15. U

Stock 17" ET

What's the offset of the stock 17"s?
  16. U

5k service....dealer did "software" updates

I got my 5k service and they told me they did two software updates and here's what it said on my receipt: 1) Update Speedometer Coding on Instrument Cluster Cause: Performed Recall OR12 Updated instrument cluster speedometer coding 2) Engine Control Module Update - Programming...
  17. U

Damn Keys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've had my 2007 GTI since late October and about two months ago the key fob i was using died (first stopped unlocking then stopped locking too a few days later). So I started using the second key fob and now the same thing happened!!!! How the hell can two key fobs die within 4 months of having...
  18. U

Another Sport Mode Question

I know driving in "D" mode is best for fuel economy. But what's the difference between putting it in "S" mode as opposed to using the paddles or shifter in manual mode? Are there any performance gains in sport mode that can't be reached in manual mode (using paddles or shifter)? Basically is the...
  19. U

Sport Mode Shifting

I notice that when I put it in sport mode and really get on it it doesn't shift till after redline......is that normal? I know it shifts on its own in sport mode but should i be using the paddles before it gets to the redline? Any tips on sport mode shifting would be appreciated.
  20. U

Just in time for Xmas!....Rock On!!

My Guitar came today :biggrin: . I got my car on Oct 18 and have already received my fast and guitar. :biggrin: Guitar will be going up on ebay unless there are any takers on this board who are interested.