GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Declined 20k Service

untchablecs

Ready to race!
Thanks to reading a bunch of posts on here about the 20k service I decided not to get it either. I'm not paying close to $300 for a bunch of "checks". I just got an oil change and I bought the dust and pollen filter and am going to change that myself. They tried to sell me on the 20k service but they finally knew I wasn't going for it.

I also had them take care of the glovebox rattle issue......they put foam strips to stop the rattle.

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
im over 30k and have yet to get that "special" service. what all is suppose to be included? i gotta get my oil change again really soon so i wanna know what theyre gonna throw at me.

Slipstream

loweritonh&rsports.com
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I skipped mine too. Aside from checks that I did myself, they wanted to rotate the tires (I'm currently on snows) and replace the fuel filter. I think 23k is a bit early for that.

I think the 50k and above are probably services to pay closer attention to.

BillTheCat

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2005 MINI Cooper S
Dealer prices on useful services like oil changes make them impractical. Dealer prices for "inspections" make them thieves.

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
just get the same stuff done at a local shop not the dealer and get it documented, i save more than 20$ on the oil changes alone lol

I used to do all those "checks" when I worked for toyota and they didnt cost that much lol, god damn VW dealers love to fork you good sometimes!

and the thing about doing it yourself is that you dont get it documented so they can make you liable for any wrond doings or problems that they say would have not been an issue if they would have done the work... even though they are responsible for some wrong doings on my car, but that must be my fault cause I put in the forge spacer and I did my own oil changes... thieves....

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
and now my GF's passenger seat in the brand new 2 week old rabbit is stuck all the way up...

wonder what excuse they will bring up to make us pay...

gtiboy87

GTI ON CRACK!!
Car(s)
2007 mkv gti
Do your own oil change. Save yourself like 25 bucks lol. 300 bucks for that service DAMN LOL thats a rip. Half the time at dealers they dont even check everything they say they do.

theholycow

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1980 Buick LeSabre
Any opinions on skipping or DIYing 20k service for a lease?

WasabiPossum

Geezer
I hear that some VW Dealer Labor Charges are now as much as $105/hour!:mad: Isn't this in "Porsche territory?"

Anyone else hearing/experiencing this?

I plan to do oil/filter changes elsewhere, with complete documentation.
Too soon to be thinking about service intervals right now. :biggrin:

New CW GTI won't arrive until late May, as posted elsewhere here.

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
i dunno what an oil change cost is for you guys but at my shop its gonna be 70$ plus tax, rear pads and time 40(time)+70(parts) = 110$ plus tax!

fuck them dealers yo!