GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D

Airbag light!

My airbag light is on AGAIN! I just had an airbag replaced tuesday! This'll be the FOURTH time she's gone into the shop for the airbag light within 5,000 miles!...first time they wiggled a connector or something, second time they said the airbag needed to be replaced due to a faulty ignitor...
  2. D

17" OEM Summer tires

When I purchased my GTI two months ago, I requested summer tires. Last night I was browsing over my window sticker and found out that the car actually has all-season tires. Dumbfounded, I look them up on TireRack and sure enough, ContiProContact tires are all-season! Called up my salesman not...
  3. D

Oklahoma? HA!

Moving back to Oklahoma.....just wondering if there are any other Okie residents on here, like myself?
  4. D

Drying

Alright you experienced wash buffs, need some help. I've been a wash fanatic the past couple years now, and have yet to find a drying utensil that works well. I've tried conventional chamois, waffle-weave, and The Absorber. * In my experience, conventional chamois dry very well but 'fill' up...
  5. D

K&N what?

http://www.duramax-diesel.com/spicer/index.htm Repost = megabyte me :tongue:
  6. D

Airbag light on again...

Had the car in the shop last Monday for the airbag light. Tech said it was a faulty connector. Light came on again today while moving the passenger seat forward for rear seat entry. The car was on at the time (ignition was not being turned when the light illuminated). Taking it in Tuesday...
  7. D

FS: Stock 17" GTI wheels/tires 2500mi

Asking $800 + shipping from central Illinois. 2500 miles, perfect condition. Comes with VW center caps and Continental Conti-Pro Contact 225/45-17 tires. Pics to come shortly.
  8. D

$7,000 wax?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000F3K0T8/qid=1147972523/sr=1-51/ref=sr_1_51/002-8756620-3991262?%5Fencoding=UTF8&s=automotive&v=glance&n=15684181
  9. D

Favorite exterior feature of the MkV GTI

Every time I walk in front of my United Gray GTI, I think to myself "Damn, that front end is sexy, the way the black grill contrasts to the dark gray paint and sumptuous headlights." So I ask, what is your favorite feature of your MkV GTI?
  10. D

Driving gloves

I have a set of leather driving gloves (well, Nike batting gloves 'converted' to be driving gloves) that I wear on a regular basis as to not damage the finish of the steering wheel. Over time I've come to notice that the leather gloved don't offer as much grip as real human skin. I'd like to...
  11. D

Possible issue with 6MT

First off, I've been driving manual transmission for a very long while, including some performance vehicles. In other words, the problem isn't me. Anyway, every once in a while it will not go into 6th gear from 5th. It's like it hits the gate between the gears, yet the shifter is pushed all the...
  12. D

E85

Those of you in the United States may have heard of E85 - it's a new fuel souce being promoted by General Motors (noteably Chevrolet). It's 85% Ethanol at 15% petroleum (gasoline). Ethanol (corn oil) is drinkable alcohol, that's thy they put 15% gasoline in the mix - so people won't drink it...
  13. D

Opinions...PS'd tints

I think I've finally decided on smoked markers and mirror signals with yellow fogs. I'd like some opinions on how it looks:
  14. D

Custom seat adjustment

Alright guys, I'm 5'7" with semi-short legs and a tall torso. This particular configuration forces me to sit somewhat close to the pedals with the rear of the seat raised up two or three 'pulls'. Sitting like so makes me feel too tall...I prefer the sensation of sitting 'in' a car, with the...
  15. D

Loaner car

My GTI has just over 1,400 miles and s scheduled to be for service tomorrow (replacing third brake light/spoiler). they said it should be a couple days before it's ready due to the fact that the spoiler must be cut off. Anyway, the service rep that I scheduled my appoint said VW does not pay...
  16. D

First problem with the GTI

Had my GTI for about a month and have around 950 miles on her. Been great so far... From the day I picked it up, the right side of the third brake light has been a little loose...it would drop down and I'd simply push it back up. Welp, pulling into my apartment complex tonight, I notice the 3rd...
  17. D

New photos

Traded in a 2001 S2000 on this little puppy three days ago, and loving every minute of it! United Gray Metallic with no options (the way I like it)....so far I've driven her 520 miles - can't wait until she's broken in! Anyway, took these today after a quick spray-down: ^ My own little...