GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. UNCbigM

Anyone have pics w/17" RS4 reps???

I'm loving the 18's and 18's, but due to class restrictions for SCCA I'm trying to find 7.5" width...otherwise I'd be all over the 18's. I may still be. We'll see. Lakeshore appears to make 17, 18 and 19's. Thanks for pics/suggestions!!
  2. UNCbigM

General attitudes about black wheels? (longish)

I personally like the look of black wheels on a car with the right color body. I know there are plenty of you out there who simply don't like black wheels no matter what they're on. This question is therefore directed more towards those that think black looks nice when done right. I'm...
  3. UNCbigM

GTI ordered!

:biggrin: FINALLY! I've been hanging around here for a while now and have finally ordered my GTI. The only problem is now I get to wait another 8-10 weeks or so! Yay! :cry: 10 weeks is dead on my birthday, so I suppose I can think of worse birthday presents. I'm so sad I have to wait so...
  4. UNCbigM

Eastern NC anyone?

Anyone living in my neck of the woods? How about even within 1.5 - 2 hours? I'm in Wrightsville Beach/Wilmington, NC and will be finally purchasing my GTI in the next week. I'm looking for others in the area for: a) advice on the local dealership - sales and service; b) other owners to help...
  5. UNCbigM

Pkg2 and rear side airbags on 5 door

Quite simply: does anyone know if package 2 includes rear side airbags on the 5 door or is it only a stand alone option? :iono: Thanks in advance!
  6. UNCbigM

Since I Can't Have ET35 Wheels...

... I think I've settled on these as an alternative. As I have posted in the past, I fell for the Flik Lex wheels that, unfortunately, only come in ET35 for the MKV bolt pattern. Now that I am resigned to the fact that I cannot put those wheels on a GTI, after a quick photoshop (thanks to...
  7. UNCbigM

Cross country break in

Am I crazy? I'm hoping to take two to three weeks in August and possibly drive cross country and back.... I'm debating whether or not to purchase just in time for the trip. If so, I figure I can go ahead and break my car in on the way out and then fly up some nice coastal roads out west...
  8. UNCbigM

VW's at the Nordschleife

Not a bad line-up. That appears to be a Noble M12 in front, followed by a 550 Maranello, and then I believe that is a Viper GTS-R bringing up the rear. Not bad. Not bad at all.
  9. UNCbigM

NY Auto Show

Here are the pics of the Passat with the appearance package. It is quite similar to the R GT, though not identical. The appearance in person is a bit plasticky. It shall be seen I suppose whether the put out one modeled after the Jetta R GT for the MkV cars. Enjoy. (bonus VW family car...
  10. UNCbigM

Mystery of the Missing Power Outlet!

Where'd it go?? The GTI book lists two console area power outlets. In search of the additional outlet (and yes, I'm aware of the one in the hatch area) I went to a dealer with my burning question. The dealer not only could not solve the mystery, but I was shown the latest update to the...