GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Since I Can't Have ET35 Wheels...

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
... I think I've settled on these as an alternative. As I have posted in the past, I fell for the Flik Lex wheels that, unfortunately, only come in ET35 for the MKV bolt pattern.

Now that I am resigned to the fact that I cannot put those wheels on a GTI, after a quick photoshop (thanks to help from my friend), I have decided the Flik Hornet will substitute nicely.

I was unsure about buying black wheels, but seeing them on the GTI has really helped

18x8, 20lbs, ET45.

What does everyone think?

5door Grey FLIK.jpg

Last edited:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Need better pics to determine!

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
When did flik start making 45et for us? I thought they were all at 35et

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
yea but on edgeracing site they have all 18" fliks at 35et or under apart from the Hornets at 45et... thats why I was asking about the offset.

UNCbigM

Autocross Champion
Yep, just noticed my mistake, I meant the HORNET not the Wasp (ET33). The above link was to the Hornet though, as was the photoshop in the OP.

feuerdog

Touring Car Newbie
Wheel style is and always will be subjective, just like car choice. The difference is that wheel selection, including size/width/offset/color/finish/etc., has much more accessible range of variables. These same variables aren't about being right or wrong for anyone but thier owners.

Me personally, I have had black wheels of one kind or another on each of my last four vehicles. I like the look,....and thats all that matters. Many of you have seen my pics on the vortex and in here, and while I always appreciate compliments, I have to value those people who don't appreciate my choices too. Why? Because that is what makes mine mine, and yours yours. If we all liked the same things then we might as all wear the same clothes, eat the same food, and listen to the same music.

The only reason that I chose aftermarket wheels in the first place, other than performance, was to be different, and more to the point, express my personal style through my choice of car. So once again, style is subjective, be your own person, shut up and drive....

:thumbsup: