GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. 3

Installing AWE DV Relocate Kit...What did I break?

I was installing the AWE DV Relocate kit yesterday and I as went to remove my current DV from the engine to put the block off, I removed one of the screws that holds the DV in place. When the screw came out there was a spring attached to it and it was broken in half. :mad0259: What the hell is...
  2. 3

Will this setup work?

Hi Everyone, I have an '08 VW MK5 GTI with the 2.0T FSI. I currently have a BSH intake, and a Forge Diverter Valve that is in the stock location. I sent an e-mail to AWE a few days ago but I haven't heard back from them, so I thought I'd try to see if anyone here know the answer to this...
  3. 3

Intake Harmonics or Something More?

I've searched everywhere for this answer, but I can't find anything quite similar to what I'm experiencing. I have had my BSH Tru-Seal intake installed for about 8 months now and I've been getting kind of aggravated lately. For the past two or three months I've had the harmonics really bad- to...
  4. 3

(Yet Another) Cam Follower Install Question

I tried searching for this but couldn't find the exact answer I'm looking for. I just changed my cam follower this afternoon following the Dummy Proof directions. Everything went fine but when I tried installing the new follower I couldn't quite get it to go in. What I ended up doing was...
  5. 3

Will this look stupid?

I'm looking for a new set of tires to replace my stock Continentals on Denvers. I've got an awesome dealing going for a set of Bridgestone RE760's, the only problem is the size is 235/45/17. Also, my car is not lowered but I'm looking to that in the next month with the H&R sport cup kit. I...
  6. 3

Does this sound right?

Hey everyone, I have a 2008 GTI with the FSI engine. I was looking for some input in regards to what you think the problem may be. Here's basically what's going: My dealership is really mod friendly and they installed a GIAC tune, Forge DV, and a GHL turbo-back exhaust in January of this...
  7. 3

Is my Forge DV Stuck?

I have been having issues with my car boosting the last few weeks. When I hit the gas lightly or even moderately, either from a stop or moving, it feels like there is a delay. If I stomp on the gas my car accelerates without a problem though. I installed a Forge DV about 8 months ago after...
  8. 3

Changing subframe bolts, using jackstands OK?

I got the bolts to fix the clunking/popping but I've read a couple of posts that stated you should change them on a ramp. I was just wondering if it's OK to change the bolts using a jack and jackstands without throwing off the alignment of the subframe? I tried searching through other threads...
  9. 3

Will different size tips fit my 3" GHL Exhaust?

Last August when I bought my GTI the dealership sold me a GHL exhaust for a really good deal. However, over the last couple of months I have had a rattle come out of the exhaust when I accelerate and it's starting to sound really ghetto. I took it to the dealership and it seems as thought the...