GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. bonton

Need advice on how to exit lease

09 GTI I leased a GTI and now realize that for me it was a bad decision. The pay off amount is 26K. It seems that blue book on the car is somewhere around 20K; if I could get a sale that is. I've had VW send me payoff statement(s), as we leased a new beetle too. I have contacted...
  2. bonton

DSG question

I'm new to DSG. I am coming from to a manual '06 mkv. I'm glad to have the auto and like its versatility and speed. It seems to take a second to engage like say when putting it into reverse or dirive, is this typical? Thanks
  3. bonton

Ran over an unauthrized speedbump @ 25mph

Will be brief, neighborhood fuckhead laid out his own speed bump. I'm returning from out of town and hit it at 25mph. New '09 a month old. Ass hat denies it. I call 311 half hour later speed bump is being removed, sweet satisfaction. Took car up to 80 and 110 with no shimmy, does not pull when I...
  4. bonton

what is this?

Bought a new '09, on the dash there is a dash light dimmer, that we all know. Next to it with the same type of dial, with an icon that shows a headlight (?) with arrows indicating up and down, the dial itself is numbered to indicate where you are...I can't figure it out. So I thought it must...
  5. bonton

'09 GTI impressions

My '09 impressions the other day I traded in my 06 and got an 09, No real reason, went in for a rear wiper blade and got a new beetle and GTI. The '06 was a standard with 18" huffs, BM, interlagos and the car has nice touches like the rear lid handle with the soft return, two led's on the door...
  6. bonton

My '09 impressions

the other day I traded in my 06 and got an 09, No real reason, went in for a rear wiper blade and got a new beetle and GTI. The '06 was a standard with 18" huffs, BM, interlagos and the car has nice touches like the rear lid handle with the soft return, two led's on the door , minor stuff but...
  7. bonton

Question about monster mats

I bought an 06 and had the rubber mats thrown in. They attach to the floor with some tabs that turn and lock. I bought an 09 yesterday and just transfered my mats over to the new car...the attachment system in the 09 just seems to be a short post that the mat snaps on to. My mats were made...
  8. bonton

'09 UG DSG FTW!!

Went in far a rear windshield wiper for my BM '06 2dr standard, walked out with a union grey 2 dr DsG 09!!!! OK the dsg is great! I'm all for tradition but not having to shift this crap is great, my apologies to the manual lovers but I have a new friend. I like it fine. There are some...
  9. bonton

Vent air temp question

I have a 50K guarantee and I'm at 42K now and will bring the car in for a few minor things; one thing that I'm not sure about is what temperature the vent air should be. Let me explain: Without the air conditioning on, and the dial all the way over to the blue, fan on, the air coming out of...
  10. bonton

Need vag-com in Austin, TX

Hello, Would like to make some changes to my GTI and clear codes on my wife new beetle (up for inspection); anyone have a hookup? Thanks for any help. Josh Austin, TX
  11. bonton

Oil change sticky

Will the moderator please add this illustrated oil change description as a sticky. Oil changes are expensive, esp. at the quicky oil change joints if you're going synthetic....$70...Since it is easy and a common DIY this thread really does a good job of explaining the process. Thanks...
  12. bonton

Oil question

Can I use syntec 5w 50?
  13. bonton

30k maintenance questions

Hello, I'm just over 30k and I know that some things need to be done to the car in order for the warranty to be preserved...Each time I turn on the car the MDF displays "Service Now!" I don't want to pay the dealership to check fluid levels and change the oil or pads, I can do this. My...
  14. bonton

Benefits of coilovers over springs/struts/shocks

Hello, I've been interested in making some suspension changes. I won't be spending time at the track or chasing evos through the streets. But I would like crisper handling and lower center of gravity and lower look. Can do the work myself. So are coilovers mainly for dialing in the car for...
  15. bonton

Must learn to use 1st gear

I've been driving standards as long as I've been driving which is about 22 years. I still have trouble getting a decent start in first. I'll give it enough gas and don not ease the clutch out, I don't pop the clutch because I don't want to burn it up but I'm not dainty with it...
  16. bonton

what's the difference between teh PCV and DV valve?

Just got a call back from the dealer that the PCV failed and they replaced it. I'm getting confused between the DV and the PCV what do they do? I know the DV is like a pop off valve, it is different? How are owners able to replace the DV with a pop off if they are different.
  17. bonton

High pitch whine (?)

Last night while I was returning home a high pitched whine developed from the engine bay and didn't seem to increase or decrease with the revs... but remained constant. It was after a cold start and 5 mile drive. When I got home and stopped and opened the door as the car idled it was loud. I...
  18. bonton

Maintenance reocords for certified used.

Anyone ever request maintenance reocords on a certified used GTI? I bought it with 27k and have so records at all, so I don't know if any common issues have been worked on. Thanks, Josh
  19. bonton

Max hp with bolt ons

I was just curious to know how much hp I could expect to gain from the combination of a chip, intake and new downpipe (am I missing anything?). I know the chip will get me 50. What would a fairly easy to install bolt on program look like and how much would I gain? I mean what is the point of...
  20. bonton

Are my headlight washers working?

I have an '06 and I know the headlight washers are supposed to work with every 5th use of the windshield washers. So I figured I had to be at, at least my fourth use, so I sat back and repeatedly used the windshield washers for another 5 times but the headlight washers didn't come...