GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'09 GTI impressions

bonton

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'06 GTI
My '09 impressions
the other day I traded in my 06 and got an 09, No real reason, went in for a rear wiper blade and got a new beetle and GTI.

The '06 was a standard with 18" huffs, BM, interlagos and the car has nice touches like the rear lid handle with the soft return, two led's on the door , minor stuff but I'm noticing that they're missing from the '09. I don't like the sunroof knob on the '09 and it is not illuminated. the '06 had a better knob that was easier to turn with your knuckles.

The DSG on the '09 is great, for me anyway, I was no enamored with the standard, though I was dead set on a 2 door, interlago, standard with 18's the only way to go. So I've got a 2dr united grey, with 18's and interlagos. The DSG is great and if you think about it, you can shift it like a standard if you want but instead of pushing the clutch and stirring the stick you just nudge the stick up or down or use the paddles, or throw in in sport and mash the damn pedal. Not bad but you have to work at driving it as a standard, if you get the standard then you must drive it like that, there is no way around driving it as a pure sports coupe if you have the standard, you have to pay attention and perhaps become more at one with the machine. I think that is the appeal and why some folks feel so strongly about the standard. Personally I was just about over the standard and having to drive it that way. I like the dsg, it is refined, I've got a few choices, I can talk on the phone, focus on the curves or crawl through traffic all without having to wear out a clutch.

I do miss some things about the '06 but understand that teh TSI engine has some benefit, though I've got the oil changes covered, it is certainly great to see the oil filter right on the top-finally.

PS. I'm not feeling the MKVI, later I may return the '09 at the end of the lease and get an '06 again and have a smaller note.

Josh

doublevanosrc

Feeding My Fast daily
Nice pick up did go to Maund VW?

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Car(s)
VW GTI MKVI
rear wiper blade and they sold you a new car? That's a damn good sales person! Congrats on the upgrade..