GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. C

Anyone in Phoenix metro with a VAG-COM?

Perhaps this is a shot in the dark, but does anyone in Phoenix metro have a VAG-COM? My '07 GTI has been having an issue with fuel cuts during extended trips on hot days and I'm trying to pinpoint what's causing the issue before I start throwing parts at it. Possible scenarios include bad...
  2. C

Fuel cut-outs in hot weather

2007 GTI w/approx. 74k miles. DSG transmission. Last Thursday, I drove out from Phoenix to Vegas for a convention. About 50 miles outside of Vegas, I started getting these intermittent fuel cuts (about once every couple of minutes, it seemed). The fuel delivery would completely die out and not...
  3. C

Replacing HID bulbs - can't get the igniters back on!

Hey guys, So, my driver side HID bulb burned out the other day. I finally received my replacement D2S bulbs in the mail and started the process today. I've been following this guide. After much cursing, I finally got the bulbs to seat in the projectors with the retaining rings in place. But...
  4. C

Hatch gas struts OUT after 56k???

2007 GTI 2-door DSG. The weirdest thing just happened. I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things about 30 minutes ago. I open the hatch to put in the groceries, only to find it out it won't stay up by itself. My thinking is that the gas struts have suddenly failed, which is really...
  5. C

Odd problem with auto power window on driver side

2007 GTI with DSG. Today, I was driving to the store and I wanted to roll down the driver side window for some fresh air. I noticed that while the window switch worked fine for manual up/down, the auto up/down did not (you know, "click" to engage). On both the driver and passenger side...
  6. C

Cargo compartment cover "string" on 2007 GTI

I was wondering anyone happened to know the VW part number for a replacement cargo compartment string/line on a 2006-2008 GTI... To clarify, I'm talking about one of the two strings with a rubber ball attached to one end that holds the cargo compartment cover up when you open the rear hatch...
  7. C

So, someone backed into my new GTI today.

So, I was over at a Home Depot to buy wood screws. I left the store and started driving out of the parking lot towards Taco Bell (I was starving). All of a sudden, I hear a loud "THUNK". An older dude (mid 60s) backed straight into my ONE AND A HALF MONTH OLD GTI with his '06 Nissan Titan...
  8. C

Swapping port-installed iPod adapter for a 6-disc changer

My '07 GTI came with a port-installed iPod adapter that I really don't like. I inquired with both my dealership and VWOA about the possibility of getting my iPod adapter (which is installed in the center armrest) swapped with the 6-disc changer that I rather have. Eventually, this is what I...
  9. C

Proud new owner of a GTI!

Thanks to all the help of DSG_MASTER from VW North Scottsdale, I am the proud new owner of an '07 GTI DSG Pkg. 2 w/Nav, United Gray. It still has some breaking in to do of course, but it's really hard NOT to drive this thing fast! :thumbup: Coming from a 97 Golf Jazz, I'm totally stoked...