GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. fr4c

Ski/Snowboarding Thread

Thanks! Definitely some things to take into consideration. Looking at Kendo's and I've found a 2014 leftover for $350 + bindings. Seems like a great deal considering Rossi 88's are $650 + bindings. I've tried some Dalbello Aspect 100 for boots but they were not as comfortable as the Salomon's...
  2. fr4c

Ski/Snowboarding Thread

What are everyone's recommendation for a set of boots/skis for a intermediate/advanced skier? Been renting for the past few seasons and would like to invest in my own equipment. Right now I have it narrowed down to: Boot: Salomon Quest Access 80 Skis: Rossignol Experience 88
  3. fr4c

Ditched the GTI

How's the 4Runner treating ya? Looking into the 4Runner as a next vehicle to replace our GTI, and keeping our TDI with it. With 2 dogs and possibly our first child in the works feels like its a good candidate as far as reliability, quality, and resale is concerned.
  4. fr4c

Confused by this "dealership" in my area...

Yeah I'm assuming Bill Vince Acura.
  5. fr4c

2014 F30 335i review

PICS OR GTFO K THANX
  6. fr4c

To move or not to move?

I think her saving money is just part of the equation that's adding up to your anxiety. Another part is probably living with another room mate, and how her social life might change now living in Hobo and being so close to the city. And yes, I know a ton of friends and co-workers around our age...
  7. fr4c

GTI K04 Replacement: 2014 Accord Sport....

Been thinking of the move myself to the 9th gen accord, except I'm looking at the V6 model. Love the look of the coupe, but I've been telling myself to go for the sedan (Touring model) because I want the LED headlights. Low cost maintenance, regular gas + great mileage, and cheaper insurance...
  8. fr4c

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

I believe its LED for lows, halogen for highs.
  9. fr4c

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

Will probably trade in the turbo yaris for a turbo impreza before my factory warranty runs out. WRX all the way, no freaking hell I'm paying that much money for another EJ.
  10. fr4c

2015 Subaru WRX STI leaked!

Would be pretty sad if they kept the 2.5 EJ, and left it manual only. They need to switch to the FA for the STi as well, unless they do something stupid and re-introduce a revised engine at a mid refresh or something.
  11. fr4c

Considering proposing to my girlfriend, seeking advice

Personally I would use the money to finish your college education and get that degree. Don't graduate out of college with a loan/debt because no one can guarantee you'll get a job even after you graduate. I know you guys have been dating for a while, but don't let that pressure you into doing...
  12. fr4c

2014 1.8T Jetta - This Spark Anyone's Interest?

Do they have hand held attachments or something? All the carpet cleaners I've seen are full sized ones.
  13. fr4c

Earth Dreams Engine Upgrade Coming to Honda Civic

Whine is one thing. A known issue is the CVT sounding like rattling rocks inside a tin can. Its sporadic and really jumps out at you when it happens when you're driving next to a concrete divider or inside a parking garage. The thing literally makes you sound like you're driving a shitbox...
  14. fr4c

Not a fan of CVT whatsoever, the driving characteristics is just too bland for any driver to enjoy. Plus the constant "hum" of the engine note reminds me of a 12 year old playing the kazoo in music class that you just want to punch in the face. Had the CVT in my 3.5 V6 Altima and absolutely...
  15. fr4c

Did I read turbo-diesel? I excites.
  16. fr4c

Might get rid of GTI

My honest advice? Since I'm sort of in the same position for you saving up for a wedding next year as well as a house. Pay off what you owe on the GTI as soon as you can, while at the same time save money in other areas of your life (not eating out and anything that makes you think more than 5...
  17. fr4c

Kia copying Xenon "eyelid" style from VW?

Plastic trim above the projector shrouds would be more specific as to what you're referring to :)
  18. fr4c

GTI wave?

I choose option 4.