GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by shortwave360

1. shortwave360

mein Mädchen gibt dem bösen Blick

Tires are on... project slug speed is still sliding along
  2. shortwave360

mein Mädchen gibt dem bösen Blick

Still alive. Never gonna die. Countless amounts of life will occur while big projects progress. Needless to say this little car has been a voyage of the ages!
  3. shortwave360

08 FSI Intake Manifold etc

70k miles from donor car Intake manifold w/fuel rail $150 Throttle Body $50 Flapper Motor $50 Injectors $50 Fuel Pump (not shown) $100 Hit me up for more pics or any questions. Ships from Seattle, WA.
  4. shortwave360

It wasn't an easy task and required a lot of hours of sanding with various tools including small...

It wasn't an easy task and required a lot of hours of sanding with various tools including small grinders and all sorts of sandpaper. Lot of filler, glaze, primer and repeat until it was satisfactory. I used PPG paint. Try to keep the filler and paint "thin" around the mounting points. I did...
  5. shortwave360

Transmission/Clutch Hydraulic Line Help

Recently needed to replace my FSI 6MT motor and I'm having a lot of difficulty connecting the hydraulic line back on. I've got the Bentley open and from what I'm getting following the instructions, however no matter how hard I push I cannot get it on. I'm past the comfort level for adding...
  6. shortwave360

BPY short block compatibility?

Looks like I need a new bottom end. As I’m shopping around for a replacement I was seeing mainly AT donor cars and was wondering if I can use that block for my MT car. Can somebody enlighten me on what I may need to know to make this happen? Please and thank you!
  7. shortwave360

Part# request: Euro Golf Votex TDI bumper & valance

Part# request: Euro Golf Votex TDI bumper & valance Been trying to track down this rear end for a while now: OEM+ will probably have it, but I'm trying to source it from a local dealer and need the part numbers to do so. Prices are just better that way. Feel like a scumbag if I just asked a...
  8. shortwave360

Does the euro rear bumper stick out less?

I'm trying to figure out if the rear bumper profile is less on the euro bumper. I have a hatch blend that isn't quite matching up the way I had envisioned and I'm wondering if it's because it was made for a euro bumper. Looking at Charatere's website it seems that they do. Thanks in advance!
  9. shortwave360

Polishing Alphard's timeline & suggestions

Boat yards that do full restorations and hull cleaning can media blast that stuff off for cheaper maybe save some sanity too. I spent a really really long time fully polishing my LMs by hand. I'd do it different if I were to do it all over again.
  10. shortwave360

Which size spacer should I choose?

I need a second opinion on which spacer size to order for my rear wheels. My rear needs to come out a bit to get the look I'm going for. I gotta include my arches are being pulled and flared to sit flush with the lip when the car is on the ground My original et: 50rear 42front I machined the...
  11. shortwave360

80 Black BBS Bolts LM/RM -$50 shipped

DO USE USPS TO SHIP. THESE BOLTS WERE LOST IN THE MAIL AND BECAUSE I USED PARCEL POST TO SHIP THERE IS NOT JACK I CAN DO OTHER THEN WAVE GOODBYE TO MY BOLTS!!! Thanks to the buyer for being patient and understanding of the situation.
  12. shortwave360

Neuspeed SS lines with R32 Calipers...

Can't seem to figure out using my GTi Bentley what is being used to connect the line to the caliper. Someone drop me the info so I can move past this!