GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JRM5035

1. J

Selling a collection of random GTI parts

It's been forever since I've posted here, but I just got rid of my 2008 GTI and have a ton of things left over I never used or barely used: https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/pts/d/2008-mkv-volkswagen-gti-parts/6318388697.html Just posted it, whoever wants the lot takes it all!
  2. J

Passenger seat heater broken - back heats but bottom doesn't

Hi All -- I've run into an issue lately with the passenger seat heater. For some reason, only the back of the seat heats, the bottom is ice cold. Do you guys have any idea what's going on here? Hopefully it's just a connector partially pulled out. Thanks!
  3. J

Rear hatch won't open anymore from external logo pop

Hi All -- Recently my rear hatch stopped opening from the external switch (logo pop). There is no motor / switch pop heard anymore, but I'm still able to open it manually (from the inside, by pushing over on the lever). Does anyone have a FAQ/DIY or know which parts need replacing? I'm...
  4. J

Looking for a good local mechanic

Hello! About a week after paying off my car, it won't start :( Doing a preliminary check, I'm not getting any engine compression. Even at 108K miles the car is worth more working than not, and I want to get it fixed. I'm looking for recommendations of a local mechanic who will not work me...
  5. J

Custom Leather Seats

I've been looking into getting custom / aftermarket leather seats. My plan is to keep my same actual seats, pull off the Interlagos covers and swap on leather ones. Can anyone recommend a good company / source? Has anyone done this here before...
  6. J

WTB: A ton of parts (trim / interior / exterior) for MKV GTI

So I'm looking to "restore" my 2008.5 GTI; After street parking in Boston for 3 years and putting 82k miles on it, it needs some work and loving. In addition, I'm looking to upgrade bits of my interior as well. Here's what I'm looking for: -DSG shifter trim surround - This is the piece that...
  7. J

WTB: center console DSG trim piece

WTB the black trim piece that surrounds the GTI DSG shifter.
  8. J

GTI is making an unhappy noise (video inside)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_j4UsKtolQ My car makes this noise more and more frequently now, and I have no idea what is going on, anyone have any ideas?
  9. J

FS: Monster Mats

Selling a set of Monster Mats for 60 OBO + shipping (or local if you're near Boston).
  10. J

WTB: used TSI intake

Looking to buy a used Carbonio TSI intake preferably, or open to anything else. Must be in good condition / not be missing anything.
  11. J

WTB: Classix, Northeast

Looking to pick up a set of Classix locally, curb rash OK. Preferably w/ rubber.
  12. J

Where the hell is my factory amp?

I've looked everywhere: Underneath drivers seat (Nothing there, no plastic compartment on the floor) Underneath passengers seat (Sirius tuner is here) Passenger side in the hatch, underneath the carpeting (99% sure its not here, pulled off carpet from both sides and saw nothing) Drivers side in...