GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where the hell is my factory amp?

JRM5035

Passed Driver's Ed
I've looked everywhere:

Underneath drivers seat (Nothing there, no plastic compartment on the floor)
Underneath passengers seat (Sirius tuner is here)
Passenger side in the hatch, underneath the carpeting (99% sure its not here, pulled off carpet from both sides and saw nothing)
Drivers side in the hatch, underneath the carpeting (Brief look yielded nothing, I'll revisit this tomorrow).

I'm almost positive I have the premium audio (I have that section of the manual, non-navigation 6-CD in-dash changer), the only thing that makes me a little unsure is A. I can't find the factory amp and B. the window sticker doesn't mention the premium audio, only that I have an in-dash 6-CD changer. Stock it's louder than I'd expect w/ a headunit only, so I'm pretty sure its somewhere. Where the hell else can it be? Also, does anyone have a pic of the actual amp itself?

Please end my frustration :( If I don't find it, I guess I can hook the LOC into the back of the head unit.

EDIT: Forgot this: 2008 GTI, 4-Door

bigbadvoodooguru

GO LAKERS
Car(s)
VW Rabbit
And its 10x easier to hook it up to the back of the head unit... you'd have been done by now. lol

That and you want to tap the source as close as you can to the source to get the cleanest signal.

JRM5035

Passed Driver's Ed
And its 10x easier to hook it up to the back of the head unit... you'd have been done by now. lol

That and you want to tap the source as close as you can to the source to get the cleanest signal.

You're right. I did shitty research I guess, the sales guy at the dealership told me when I had bought the vehicle the MKV GTI either had navi or the premium sound system, perhaps he didn't know jack about what he was talking about. Grr.