GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DanoftheDead

1. DanoftheDead

CEL, EPC, aaaand Battery light

Figured I'd run this past you guys. While driving on a highway 6th gear cruising speed car suddenly lost most of its pull, RPM dropped, and battery light started blinking. Pulled over the shoulder and shut it down, took a quick look at the engine with nothing glaringly obvious and upon trying...
  2. DanoftheDead

ABS Sensor question

Ok so quick backlog that leads me to here. Driver side strut blew and led to cv boot tear which has led to axel getting toasted over the course of the past month and a half. Yesterday I installed coil overs and today a new axel. But now a new problem has appeared in the form of ABS and...
  3. DanoftheDead

CV tear and noise

So just under a month ago after the pothole season I had my cars tires rotated and an alignment done at a local NTB. Immediately after I noticed a slight sound and vibration coming from my front driver wheel. Felt like it was off balance so I brought it back in informing them that I have those...
  4. DanoftheDead

Manuel Transmission Problem

So just ran into this problem and I have no idea whats causing it. I was driving for less then a minute pulled into a parking lot and when I shifted into 3rd it now seems to be stuck in 3rd. Clutch is still operating as normal but the shifter has a ton of slop to it. Behaves almost as if its...
  5. DanoftheDead

Jerk NJ drivers

Just a rant. On 295 Im cruising along with traffic and I see this lady weaving aggressively at high speeds behind me. Next thing I know she's on my bumper and won't back off. I switch lanes, clear away from the other cars and get back into the center lane. Seconds later she's on my bumper...
  6. DanoftheDead

US Mill Works plate holders

Im toying with the possible idea of picking up tow hook plate holder. Been plateless for a year with no problems but every now and then I find myself having to dodge inspection sticker check points and crap. Problem I find is that many plate holders look to be of cheap construction and very...
  7. DanoftheDead

AC fan only working on high?

So on my way to work I pop on the AC and set the fan to 2 and for whatever reason it dosnt seem to want to work until I put it on full blast. I can feel the cool air seeping out on lower settings just the fan isnt doing anything. Any ideas?
  8. DanoftheDead

Looking for input

So on my way to work today on 295 I ran over a large chunk of tumbling tire tread from a big rig. It was unavoidable with cars on both sides of me at 70mph and the result was it killed my front lip. Part that really sucks is I am not in the position at the moment to really drop that much...
  9. DanoftheDead

UG GTI with ill plates on 206 in NJ

Man it was a pain in the ass to keep up with you lol.
  10. DanoftheDead

Wow this would have sucked

Fuckin blasphemy imo. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtTZu9OlypU&feature=player_embedded
  11. DanoftheDead

Mechanics/shops in south Jersey

Well Im out of warranty and done with dealing with my dealership. Anyone know of decent shops in south Jersey?
  12. DanoftheDead

P3 Cars gauge CEL readout

So today on my way home from work I got my first CEL on the car and used the P3 gauge to check out what the codes are. So I tried it out and well the readout was not what I expected to look like. The first code looked normal enough but the rest either had blank spots or odd looking symbols...
  13. DanoftheDead

Those of you with AMG AeroII

Just doing some research but curious at to what size tires you guys have been running on what suspension setups. This spring, if all pans out well with the house buying, I might be also looking to finally drop the car and I have been falling in love with the AeroII. No interest in bags and I...
  14. DanoftheDead

Still think eh...

A new MKVI Jetta has been parked outside of my apartment since last night. I keep looking out the window thinking, maybe its not that bad, but I just can't really get into it. Its like staring at a girl who could be hot but is homely and you hope you see her in a light that makes her hot but...
  15. DanoftheDead

Horrible night...

Bummer. Time to shave and smooth.