GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CV tear and noise

DanoftheDead

ಠ_ಠ
Car(s)
2008 GLI
So just under a month ago after the pothole season I had my cars tires rotated and an alignment done at a local NTB. Immediately after I noticed a slight sound and vibration coming from my front driver wheel. Felt like it was off balance so I brought it back in informing them that I have those symptoms and asked if they could check it out and balance the wheel if needed. They said that the wheel was slightly bent (not surprising considering how bad this winter was with road conditions) and they balanced it as best as they could but nothing alarming was brought up. Since then I put around 1200 miles on the car and yesterday after going over a speed bump I start to hear a much louder and exaggerated nock/thumping sound that starts at around 30mph and increases with speed. Took my wheel off to take a look and discovered that my CV is in fact torn. Now I can only assume this is the source of my issue but curious as to what the possibility of extent of damage has occurred. Ive read cv joint or driver axel are most likely going to need to be replaced but wanted to run it by you guys.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    251.1 KB · Views: 226

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Wow!
How many total miles on the car?