GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by capitalst

1. C

Can we add factory heated seats to our cars????

I have my GTI and my wife as the rabbit and we were wondering if we can add the factory heated seats to our cars. Does anyone know and if so where can I get it??
  2. C

Back in the shop. Grinding sound from my right back wheel

Well, last night I went to start me car and back out of my garage and all I hear is a loud screching grinding sound coming from my right back wheel. So I just had it towed to the dealer. NOT FUN. I will post what happen once I get it back today.
  3. C

Dumb questions but what does the resonator do with on a exhaust system??

Dumb questions but what does the resonator do with on a exhaust system?? I can't figure out what it does or doesn't do? Can you help?
  4. C

Who makes the best Stage 2 software with the highest gains??

:thumbup: I wonder who offers the best Stage 2 software for our cars that would offer the best overall performance across the whole powerband. REVO or APR?????
  5. C

Does anyone know if the TSW Vortex 19x8 45 offset would fit?

I've seen some pictures of a few GTI's out there with 19" TSW Vortex wheels. But, I thought I read on here if I went with a 19" I would need a 50 offset not a 45. Will the 45 fit or would I need to do something for that? I want them to fit just right. Let me know. Thanks
  6. C

GREAT JOB A&L BODY SHOP

A&L body shop does really nice work for anyone looking to get any paint or body work done. Anthony is a great guy. Place is located in Palatine, IL. Figured I would pass along the info for anyone looking to get some work done.:drinking:
  7. C

How are is it to drive with a chip in the winter??

I was wondering how hard it is to drive our GTI's in the snow and ice once the car is chipped? A friend of mine has APR in his MKIV GTI and was telling me he got the switch feature to switch it to stock since he said it was really hard to get traction with the chip on. What are your thoughts?
  8. C

How much for install on springs??

I'm trying to get a idea from different people to see what they paid to have aftermarket springs put in their GTI. Let me know. Thanks
  9. C

Possible fuel cut off. What do you think???

I was trying to figure out whether I'm getting a fuel cut off or something else. I have a completely stock car but, when I take off and when the car is about to hit redline and switch gears I notice almost like I actually hit redline or something where the car jerks forward for a second till hit...
  10. C

19" look really good on the GTI's

I was in for some service work on my GTI again and was sitting at the dealer for over 4 hours. I have to say that 19" look really good on our cars. They have a R32 sitting in the showroom with the 19" porsche wheels on it. The size just seems to be just right for the car. I think once these...
  11. C

Who makes the quietest exhaust for our GTI's??

If I decide to do a exhuast upgrade I want something that will be around stock sound. I don't want a screamer and also want to keep the cabin area quite with no extra exhaust noises. Which exhaust would you recommend for this??
  12. C

Question. With the REVO Stage 2...

Never mind. I figured it out
  13. C

Is there a coupon somewhere for Revo???

I thought I read in one of the threads that Revo has a 10% off or something. Can someone confirm this and show me where I can get it? I didn't see anything on Revo's website.
  14. C

The number for the REVO chip. Is this based on 91 oct or 93??

If it is off of 91 oct what would you get with 93 oct??
  15. C

Anyone in the Palatine, IL area have a VAG-COM?

My wife has a 2008 Rabbit and wants her DRL's off. The dealer refused to do it. So I was wondering if one of you might beable to help me out with this. She is driving me nuts about it. Thanks