GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by brosevelt

1. B

Car drives normally until 3K RPM: then revs drop instantly

So this happened today while driving home from work. Basically what happens is the car drives normally until you get to 3K rpm. At 3k RPM, the revs drop instantly and the car jerks. I tried to pull codes with the Torque app as I don't have vag-com but the app said there were no codes stored...
  2. B

looking for an fsi intake in the chicago area

Hey, Anyone have an EVOMS, CTS, or Neuspeed intake for sale in the chicago area? Please PM me if so. Thanks
  3. B

North Chicago Burbs Cars & Coffee

Hey guys, We've got an Audi/VW cars and coffee that we do every sunday (so long as it's decent out). https://www.facebook.com/CandCCNB Here's our facebook page. 9AM on Sunday at the Starbucks in Vernon Hills @ Rt45 & Milwaukee ave. PM me if you have any questions, or post them on the FB...
  4. B

Clutch Replacement

I was planning on ordering the Clutchmasters FX200 clutch kit, as I'm at like 70k miles and I'll slip a bit at high boost, low RPM. I'd be happy to save like 300 bucks though by not getting the SMF that goes with it... Does anyone know if I'd be able to use my OEM Dual Mass Flywheel with the...
  5. B

HID Headlight Problems

Initially, my driver's-side headlight went out so I bought two D2C 5000k bulbs off amazon to replace it with. After getting them installed (FINALLY... It's a bitch to do), the driver's-side one works again, but now the passenger side won't work. I swapped the working bulb to that igniter and...
  6. B

Audizine Cars & Coffee: Vernon Hills. Saturday Aug 3. 8AM

Cars & Coffee (Starbucks in Vernon Hills next to Tom & Eddies on 45 and Milwaukee (21) Saturday, August 3rd @ 8a.m 8:30 am Convoy Cruise to SuperCar Saturdays in Bannockburn
  7. B

Audizine Meetup: Cars & Coffee Mini-Meet, Vernon Hills

Cross-Posted from Audizine: Cars & Coffee Saturday July 27th in the Starbucks Parking Lot on Route 45 and 21 (Milwaukee Ave) at 8:30 am Anyone is welcome :) It's by Tom & Eddies and The Beer Market
  8. B

Any reason not to buy this downpipe?

Looks to be an ATP downpipe with catalytic converter for an awesome price: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2006-2009-VW-Jetta-GTI-Audi-A3-T25-28-Flange-Downpipe-3-V-band-ATP-2-0T-FSI-/121100469842?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32268652&vxp=mtr Is there any reason you guys can think...
  9. B

New wheels for my GTI

What do you guys think? I really like the color but I am also partial to black. Should I anodize them, or keep them the way they are? Also, any idea where I could get VW center caps for these? They're the Enkei EKM3
  10. B

Wtb: black 18" wheels with all season tires (Chicago)

I'm open to offers but i would prefer local pickup. Please pm me if interested.