GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Exhaust Sound Thread!!

sloMk5

2007 GTI
Very nice. I like that you can hear the turbo. My autotech/atp combo sounds sick but you can't really hear the turbo with it. Do you have pictures of it, I want to see what it looks like because I'm not sure I get this part.

"muffler delete done with the stock mandrel bent pipe off another GTI exhaust"

Thanks:) It was just a piece of the piping from a spare GTI exhaust at the shop, cut off and welded in in place of my muffler. There's some pics in here... http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83242

grunt111

Ready to race!
Is the resonator in a good place where a cherry bomb glass pack can be installed instead of a straight pide? I got the same thing in a mazda 3 and there are no issues. Has anybody tried this on their GTI?

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
Is the resonator in a good place where a cherry bomb glass pack can be installed instead of a straight pide? I got the same thing in a mazda 3 and there are no issues. Has anybody tried this on their GTI?

Nope, but I want to know as well
I don't mind if people call me a ricer or redneck :smile:

Care to try and post a video?

S2000_europe

Dark Torero
Car(s)
VW GTI
one simple question which is the quietest Turbo back? is difficult to know which one is hearing the videos. I must use a Cat with the Downpipe.

Thanks

RobbDizzle

Ambalamps Dispatcher
Car(s)
07 VW GTI 5-door
Probably APR Stealth or Supersprint.

S2000_europe

Dark Torero
Car(s)
VW GTI
Thanks!

miltek is very pricey here in Europe

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
Thanks!

miltek is very pricey here in Europe

Yup, as it is in the USA. But I think Supersprint is even more. Hell, APR's not cheap either.

I got lucky with my TBE. Catless ATP DP for $320 shipped new, and an Autotech CB with the Magnaflow muffler for $230 used. So I've got a TBE that should have been $470 shipped for a new CB plus $320. So $790 instead of what I paid, $550.

S2000_europe

Dark Torero
Car(s)
VW GTI
what about the AWE, they claim that theirs exhaust are quiet, but I doubt it with just one muffler...