GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
a meal prepped frozen burrito calzone I forgot to thaw, thanks for reminding me 🙃

FTFY, following the rules.

Obey your own guidelines.

torga

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'11 GTI

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
I'm inspired, heading out to white castle now...
Ah you changed your sig already. I had an idea I wanted to do, but literally as I was about to post it after one of your posts last night but Keehs posted literally just a second before I could hit reply. I was waiting for you post again after that lol

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6
Ah you changed your sig already. I had an idea I wanted to do, but literally as I was about to post it after one of your posts last night but Keehs posted literally just a second before I could hit reply. I was waiting for you post again after that lol
I was thinking about keeping it over the weekend. I can only see it when I'm logged out so I took it off. :confused:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
In today's episode of things I should have bought 20 years ago....got tired of wasting so much brake cleaner because the aerosol runs out before the fluid. Pretty nifty

20220527_122418.jpg

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Those are cool bc you can charge the shit out of them and adjust the spray pattern. The plastic hand pump units aren't bad either
Ain't nobody got time for dat

Kicking myself for not buying it sooner after seeing how much cheaper it is to buy brake cleaner and pb blast in bulk. I go through so much of that stuff

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I gotta get an exhaust removal tool one day should have bought that half a lifetime ago

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Where are are buying your brake cleaner in bulk? I just googled it quickly but I'm seeing ~$40 for a gallon of brake fluid, and $3.5 for a 19 oz can.

There's 128 ounces in a gallon. 128/19 is 6.73 (call it 7 cans) That's $24.5 if I buy 7 cans as opposed to $40 for the gallon

1653673906714.png

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
The list of things you are flat out wrong about just keeps growing.

I will suggest the best sandwich is an in-season BLT with truly fresh tomato and quality bacon and bread.

discuss

BLT’s are great but nothing beats a good cheesesteak. Mayo, lettuce,ketchup, pickles extra cheese.

No offense, but I don't trust the opinion of someone who thinks dunking the whole sandwich in a vat of beef stock is an acceptable way of avoiding a dry sandwich.

The cheesesteak is pretty much perfect if you get it somewhere good, the problem is that outside of a 1hr radius of Philly, they're pretty awful. The bread is key and if it's not an Amoroso (or equivalent) roll, it isn't going to work. There's also a huge difference between the shitty, frozen, compressed, chipped beef that some places make it with and the real-deal thin sliced beef a true cheesesteak used.

The best cheesesteaks are outside of Philly. An Amaroso roll is the best.

I mean if it works🤷‍♂️. Girlfriend lives in Philly so I've had ones within Philly and they're not bad...but definitely not as good as an Italian beef

See above. You have to go outside of Philly for a good cheesesteak

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
BLT’s are great but nothing beats a good cheesesteak. Mayo, lettuce,ketchup, pickles extra cheese.

The best cheesesteaks are outside of Philly. An Amaroso roll is the best.

See above. You have to go outside of Philly for a good cheesesteak
U got a place in mind? Not above traveling for a good cheesesteak

Status
Not open for further replies.